• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What are folks that shoot a 10mm 1911 having success with in magazines? I have a Delta Elite that functions fine with the factory mags with one big exception being that they don't lock the slide back. When I'm doing a range trip, I generally just use .45 mags and find that they actually seem to function better than the 10mm mags the gun came with. I have a pair of early Wilson Combat 45 ACP mags that have been refreshed and not only do those function flawlessly, they hold 9 rounds of 10mm when doing so.

If looking for actual 10mm 1911 mags, what are you guys using? Or, are you just using the .45 mags and calling it done?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have never used any other Mag than Colt in my Delta.
    I don't shoot it very often, but when I do I shoot real 10mm rounds.
    I would guess that your rounds are alittle anemic or maybe a recoil spring that's 2lbs lighter might help.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have never used any other Mag than Colt in my Delta.
    I don't shoot it very often, but when I do I shoot real 10mm rounds.
    I would guess that your rounds are alittle anemic or maybe a recoil spring that's 2lbs lighter might help.

I'm running the stock recoil spring and the round is fairly stout. It's not nuclear by any means, but it's stout enough to cause a bit of primer flow. They clock at around 1250 fps.

Does the slide lock function with the Wilson Mags...???

Function with the Wilsons is perfect. Slide locks back every time.

I think Tripp Research used to make mags in 10mm, if they still do, those will be the best ones you can get.

I'll take a look at them. I've heard good stuff about them for .45 too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm running the stock recoil spring and the round is fairly stout. It's not nuclear by any means, but it's stout enough to cause a bit of primer flow. They clock at around 1250 fps.

Function with the Wilsons is perfect. Slide locks back every time.

I'll take a look at them. I've heard good stuff about them for .45 too.

If the function is OK with the Wilsons it is the factory mags.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Speaking of 1911 mags, does anyone make a true 8-round .45 mag for the 1911? I've got the two 8-rounders that came with my Para and they are a bit of a snug fit with eight rounds in them. The Wilson and Kimber supposed 8-round mags won't fully insert with eight rounds. I'm not wealthy enough to keep buying different brands until I find one that truly holds eight rounds and fully inserts without having to use undo force.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just about all of my 8 rounders are tight on the 8th round. The exception is the Sig mags. I don't recall them being tight on the last round.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    If the function is OK with the Wilsons it is the factory mags.

I would agree, I tend to run stiffer loads that what you shoot. I tend to shoot Nosler 135 grainers, truly Nuclear...... I'm not gonna say how fast and what load. But at a match I had to crono my loads and after the second shot the RO asked wtf are you shooting, I told him 180's and he picked up a piece of brass and said ' try again '. And I had to come clean.. He laughed at me all afternoon.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    If looking for actual 10mm 1911 mags, what are you guys using? Or, are you just using the .45 mags and calling it done?

Tripp's are the best for 40/10mm in my experience.

Speaking of 1911 mags, does anyone make a true 8-round .45 mag for the 1911? I've got the two 8-rounders that came with my Para and they are a bit of a snug fit with eight rounds in them. The Wilson and Kimber supposed 8-round mags won't fully insert with eight rounds. I'm not wealthy enough to keep buying different brands until I find one that truly holds eight rounds and fully inserts without having to use undo force.

Wilson ETMs or Tripps should work well.
    The old Wilson 47Ds have a shorter body and were harder to seat.

Top Bottom