I've been searching....and I can't find anything that "beats" a glock 19 Compact

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So I've been looking for a sub-compact for some time, and I've been looking for a compact that meets the following standards...

Thinnest overall width...

15+ capacity without an extended grip

Reliability

No thumb safety!

~$500

#############################################################################

I've been pretty amazed that the glock seems to be the thinnest double stack 9mm that I've seen by doing research (1.18")

No thumb safety

Glock 17/33 round magazines feed well into the glock 19.

I've never shot a glock that doesn't go boom.

Another bonus is the trigger. I do like the "double trigger" with a short reset.

##############################################################################

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

Also, G19 vs G26, both pretty easy to truly conceal/disappear IWB?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's not better, but have you checked out the M&P 9c?

And as for the G19 VS G26, I have found I can conceal the G26 better while wearing a snug t-shirt and shorts. And that's just because of the length of grip.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    It's not better, but have you checked out the M&P 9c?

And as for the G19 VS G26, I have found I can conceal the G26 better while wearing a snug t-shirt and shorts. And that's just because of the length of grip.

That's what I was thinking. Most pistols I've carried don't have a grip longer than the glock 42/43

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    People spend years trying to beat the G19, and fail. I would say a G26 is slightly easier to conceal with minimal attire but a G19 isn't too bad with the right holster. Plus you can carry a 17 round backup mag with ease for either pistol. Win.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm an old school 1911 guy and been carrying one for over 4 decades now. I am carrying a G19 now days.
    I've had the Shield, PP series including the Q, etc. I shoot the 19 Gen 4 excellent, conceals well, and 16 rounds is a huge bonus over 8 rds of .45acp.
    I've been looking for a couple of years myself. The G19 Gen 4 fits me well. The older Gen Glocks didn't point for me at all.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    eh.....1.2" vs 1.3".....Not much of a difference. Plus, you're looking at width at the widest point. The PPQ is the one I'm most familiar with, so I'll speak to it. 1.3" is measured at the widest point, which is the ambi slide release. That has no practical significance when talking about concealability since the frame and slide are pretty dang similar to the glock 19. In addition, it's more chamfered and rounded than the G19, which means that at least on me, it prints less.

No knock on the glock, though. If it works for you, run it.

PPQ fails the width test. 1.3"

Sig massively fails the width test 1.4"

HK fails the width test. 1.32"

As I'm used to carrying a single stack gun I want something as close to that width as possible.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There's nothing that beats a G19, period. The M&P's can equal it, but they don't beat it. I have G26, G19, M&P 9mm and they all work. If I were to carry IWB any of those would be and has been my choice. I'm a pocket carry guy now because IWB messes up my back, so these days it's either the S&W 642, or a S&W Shield. In any case, the G19 won't likely let you down, but don't buy into it's myth. Yes, I've rolled mine around in mud and it was jammed up so bad I took it into a glock armorer and had him clean it up. Just make sure you train for jams like any other gun even though it's not likely to ever happen.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There's nothing that beats a G19, period. The M&P's can equal it, but they don't beat it. I have G26, G19, M&P 9mm and they all work. If I were to carry IWB any of those would be and has been my choice. I'm a pocket carry guy now because IWB messes up my back, so these days it's either the S&W 642, or a S&W Shield. In any case, the G19 won't likely let you down, but don't buy into it's myth. Yes, I've rolled mine around in mud and it was jammed up so bad I took it into a glock armorer and had him clean it up. Just make sure you train for jams like any other gun even though it's not likely to ever happen.
    My 19 is almost a month old. I took it out of the box and ran a mag through it.
    The trigger failed to reset 3 times in the first mag. I was at Parabellum and Charlie was working. (NHT3). He pulled it down and it's worked perfect since. I love the 19 and as anyone that's ever owned anything mechanical can attest to.....Mechanical can and will fail eventually.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My 19 is almost a month old. I took it out of the box and ran a mag through it.
    The trigger failed to reset 3 times in the first mag. I was at Parabellum and Charlie was working. (NHT3). He pulled it down and it's worked perfect since. I love the 19 and as anyone that's ever owned anything mechanical can attest to.....Mechanical can and will fail eventually.

What do you mean that he "Pulled it down"? Did he completely strip it apart and go through it then?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you can't make up your mind between the G26 and G19, then carry both. Could carry the G19 as your primary, and ankle carry the G26 as your backup gun.

Top Bottom