• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was wondering if anyone owns or has any experience with an FN FNS-9 Long Slide pistol. I held one in my local gun shop the other day, and I really liked the feel and trigger! I was thinking of getting one soon, I've only seen a few reviews online. Anybody got one? What do you think of it, especially vs. the M&P full size if you have any experience. Thanks!

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Up to about a year ago, I owned both the M&P 9 and 9c. They have been replaced by their FNS counterparts. I like the FNS triggers better than those on the stock M&Ps. Most importantly, I just shoot the FNS pistols better. It took a couple of range sessions to get used to the point of aim = point of impact, but now I actually prefer it for my personal defense pistols. I encountered no gun-related problems shooting various reloaded ammo (124- and 147-grain bullets with a couple of different powders, CFE Pistol and Titegroup).

If you get a chance, shoot both pistols and compare.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure whether to get the 9 or the 40 version. I've got the M&P 40 fullsize and compact, and was thinking about going to just 9 and 45 for my pistols. I've got an awful lot of 40 ammo, though, so I might try the 40 long slide. Seems that 40 ammo is easier to find than 9 and 45 during ammo shortages.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I'm an FN fan, now down to 3 FNs now all 9mm: Long slide, Full size, Compact
    the LS replaced my FNX which was great but the safety lever bothered my thumb knuckle
    my first LS was black so was the second one (because like a DA I placed a bid on gunbroker and ordered one from my dealer not thinking the GB would hit, but it did)
    those are both gone to good homes and now I have LS stainless
    my shield was replaced by the FNS Compact after it's first range outing - and I'm actually carrying it now in the shield holster.....
    the full size I picked up because the price was to good to pass up (night sights for the same price as reg sights) that one is loaded up with 18 rds hornady 124 +P XTP
    plus light and laser in my nightstand

all 3 triggers are within ounces of each other, about 5.5lbs, compared to a few year old M&P (w/stock trigger)- they're night and day, my neighbor also has a M&P 9 FS and even he won't admit it out loud because "he just loves his M&P" but every time he shoots my FNS, any one of the 3 , he shoots a tighter group
    good trigger
    good sights
    FULL ambi
    3 mags each
    flawless operation (I've had 6 - several thousand rounds fired)
    FNH FNS Compact 9 by Dan T | Photobucket

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I like my LS. I'd love to shoot a 9c. If it doesn't tear my hand up like Glocks do without a beavertail backstrap or grip force adapter, I could probably replace my Glocks.

Top Bottom