• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I have an old Gen 2 Glock 19 that is having an issue like a light primer strike.

I know it's not the ammo because I ran it through several other firearms and no issues, plus I've shot about a thousand rounds of the same ammo through it before.

I read that it could be dirty in the firing pin channel, so I cleaned it. It was even soaked in an ultra sonic cleaner and still having issues.

Is there something I'm missing? The only thing I can think of is to replace the springs but I'm no Glock guru. All help is appreciated.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, you do have to clean it once in a while ... just guessing, I'm no glock fan, but springs, cleaning, etc., start simple, and work toward the complicated ...

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    The problem is that glock isn't a 1911.

I've shot tons of 1911s and regularly shoot one. In fact, last weekend I hit a 2/3 silhouette at 105 yds. In all honesty I missed my first round but the second one hit. Thank you for your quality contribution.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Based on the fact it's a gen2 I'd assume it's got some rounds through it... I'd suggest springs or even the pin being replaced, but it sounds like Jon is going to take care of you! Only thing I've "had" to do to mine is replace the recoil spring.

If you guys would please, post the solution, just so if a similar problem ever occurs I'll have a starting point!

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I'm planning on getting a spring kit and replacing all of them. I'm on my 2nd recoil spring as well. Hopefully this will fix it. I'll keep the thread updated.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    the only time I've ever got light primer strikes in a Glock is when I tried replacing the striker spring with a lighter aftermarket spring.
    If your spring has never been changed, it could just need a new striker spring or maybe a new striker.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Glocks & 1911's are both great guns in my opinion. Sure the glock isn't as pretty as the 1911 but they are just as reliable if not alittle more.
    Don't get me wrong i do love the 1911's also. They are excellent guns but back to your post on the Glock 19. Ive never owned a 2nd Gen 19 but have a 3rd and is never even given me one hiccup, awesome guns the G19's. I think you need to run it over to jontheturboguy and have him look at it for ya. You can't beat the price . FREEEEEEEEEEEEE !!​

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    It's not steel case or wolf ammunition is it? That's the only time I get light primer strikes in all of my glocks but the 43. I have ran 2000 rounds of brass and aluminum in one of my glocks with out issues but if I run wolf I will get light primer strikes. I sent it to Glock just to get a run through of the gun and make sure everything is ok. Glock confirmed it to be hard primers on the steel case stuff.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    It's not steel case or wolf ammunition is it? That's the only time I get light primer strikes in all of my glocks but the 43. I have ran 2000 rounds of brass and aluminum in one of my glocks with out issues but if I run wolf I will get light primer strikes. I sent it to Glock just to get a run through of the gun and make sure everything is ok. Glock confirmed it to be hard primers on the steel case stuff.

No, it's brass cased ammo. I've shot probably 3-4k of this particular brand of 9mm through various firearms. An H&K in the safe doesn't care too much for it, but it's ran flawlessly through everything else. Except for the Glock and that started just recently.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Since you have already cleaned it i'd start with replacing all the springs in the gun...should be able to do it very affordabley (under 15 bucks). considering the gun is most likely 10+ years old springs would be a good start anyways. If that doesnt do it i would check firing pin protrusion from the slide (i dont think i even know what glock is supposed to be but i can make some calls).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I had a light strike a few weeks ago using Win 180 hr .40 (PDX-1),
    reloaded the round back in the mag (I was at the range) and tried again.
    The second time it fired, and so did the rest of the rounds on the mag, so I just cleaned it real good after that and didn't see any issues with the striker, spring, or firing pin channel.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I had a friend with a G2 and had similar problems. We actually measured the spring and it was greatly fatigued. Springs do suffer from memory loss. New spring and his was back to normal. I will add, the kept his condition 1 most of the time.

Top Bottom