• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I'll be purchasing a G17 soon and I think I'm gonna do something with this gun. I don't alter firearms, all my guns are factory. I think i want to try making a gun to shoot steel or possibly USPSA. I've own MANY Glocks in the past so I know what they are all about.

Thinking maybe a trigger,sights, and flared magwell (extension). What else do you guys do to your Glocks.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Glock sights suck, so I always recommend something better.
    Otherwise, for competition, go shoot before doing a lot of mods.

then you can see what everyone else is using and get a chance to compare and figure out what you need.

In USPSA, a g 17 is best suited to production division due to 9mm, but mag wells aren't allowed in that division.

-rvb

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'll be purchasing a G17 soon and I think I'm gonna do something with this gun. I don't alter firearms, all my guns are factory. I think i want to try making a gun to shoot steel or possibly USPSA. I've own MANY Glocks in the past so I know what they are all about.

Thinking maybe a trigger,sights, and flared magwell (extension). What else do you guys do to your Glocks.

Nothing, they are PERFECTION, out of the box .....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Like RVB says magwells are not allowed in production division. Steel challenge is limited to 10 rounds and you will not need to speed reload. So scratch the magwell.

Like RVB says Glock sights suck.

I wouldnt get get too crazy with the trigger but I would upgrade it a bit. A drop in ghost kit is inexpensive and can be swapped back to factory easy enough. Or just but a Glock 34 and leave the trigger alone.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    On all of my Glocks, I replaced the sights with Truglo TFX sights and added Talon rubber grip tape. I've left the triggers alone, because all are carry guns, primarily. If one were going to be strictly a competition gun, I'd most certainly do something with the trigger. Probably a Ghost connector and .25 polish of the other trigger components, as others have said.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's why there are absolutely no companies making fat cash selling aftermarket parts for them.

Just because someone sells an aftermarket part, does not make it better than OEM. I'm not saying there are not items that are better, or that I prefer, but there are plenty of aftermarket items that are a POS.
    The most common cause of a Glock failure to function is someone swapping in an aftermarket part.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just because someone sells an aftermarket part, does not make it better than OEM. I'm not saying there are not items that are better, or that I prefer, but there are plenty of aftermarket items that are a POS.
    The most common cause of a Glock failure to function is someone swapping in an aftermarket part.

The huge volume of sales for aftermarket parts for Glocks indicates a large amount of Glock owners don't agree with the "perfection" BS. But there are more than enough Gastonites that are more than happy to believe that it is raining while ol' Gaston pees on their heads.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I would say put a zev 3.5 pound trigger connector in it, they're only like $30. I would also go with black out rear and fiber optic front for sights. But that is all I would do till you shoot a couple of matches.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    4 things you can spend money on that will improve your potential for accuracy.. Quality pistol, Sights you see well and pick up quickly, a good trigger and practice ammo..

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I put new sights and a 3.5lb connector. I am considering removing the finger grooves, stiplling, and having an RMR installed, but that's delving into other territory :)

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm thinking,Sights,(black rear, fiber optic front). polishing the trigger (.25 trigger job). Shooting the snot outta it and going from there. Is there a good sport holster that you guys can recommend?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm thinking,Sights,(black rear, fiber optic front). polishing the trigger (.25 trigger job). Shooting the snot outta it and going from there. Is there a good sport holster that you guys can recommend?

BladeTech or Comp-Tac

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I'd recommend Ben's Boss Holster Hanger. I use it on both my SS and production rig. Solid mount that doesn't get in your way. Adjustable for drop and cant. You can buy it alone or with a Bladetech or Comp-Tac holster.

Top Bottom