• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Stopped in PSS today and saw this, have never seen one of these before according to Berettas site it's pretty new.
    Interesting gun, i own an M9 and an Italian 92fs this gun is exactly same size same controls and takedown is the same as a standard full size 92.
    It also has a 15 round mag for a 22 pistol i thought that was cool. For 359.00 i took it home, ran 200 rds CCI, Thunderbolts, some bulk Winchester and Rem golden bullets not a single malfunction. And accuracy is very good too. I talked to Beretta cust service today and he said extra magazines will be available mid January. He also said they are bringing out a A1 version with rail and also a threaded barrel version. He said the threaded barrels will also be sold as an accessory item. It has dovetail front and rear sight cuts and he says same cut as the 92 all sights for 92 will fit this gun pretty cool. here are some pictures.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    A little more info, it has an aluminum slide and polymer frame, all 92 grips fit also, i swapped with the hogue finger grooves i like the finger grooves on the Beretta need to get some VZs for it.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Adding this to my ' I wanna buy it' list.. Gonna wait and see for the threaded barrel

I see UMAREX on it. Not sure if they are the 'quality' German 22 makers... gonna have to research this more--- this has to be better than the Chiappa models.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Medcoxo, it is very well built, night and day difference from the Chiappa. has a very heavy solid steel barrel not sleeved. Compared it to both my 92s, size and dimensions same every where i could measure. Shot it some more this am so far has been perfect.
    From what i have found UMAREX is the company importing them from Germany not sure if they have anything to do with manufacture. But i am not sure, Bob at PSS thought Walther may be involved not sure if that is good or bad. Hopefully Beretta having their name on the side they would not let someone build junk for them, we will see how it holds up. So far for the price i paid and how well it shoots i am pretty happy. And according to the cust service guy i spoke with they will stand behind it.
    By registering warranty online it gives you a full 3yrs warranty.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom