Anyone have real experience with the FNS 9 Compact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    I bought one a couple of months ago primarily as a CC pistol to replace a Glock 26. The FNS 9c is solidly built and shoots all of my various reload ammunition (124- and 147-grain bullets with CFE Pistol, Titegroup, and Accurate #7 powders) without fail. The pistol came with three mags (two 12-rounders and a 17-rounder).

My FNS 9c has the standard three-dot sights The front dot is larger than the rear two and is quite easy to pick up. Unlike my Glock 26, there is no 6'oclock hold for this pistol . . . Stick the front dot on where you want the bullet to go and fire. I'm finding that I like the POA = POI for a defensive firearm. Trigger break is similar to the Glock 26 and 19.

I'm pleased with the FNS 9c. It has replaced the G26 as my CC gun and I'm also wearing it OWB more often than my G19, which has been my long-time EDC. I also have the full-size FNS 9. It is a solid pistol too, but I just do not shoot it as well as I shoot the 9c.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased the FNS-9, not the compact version. It is larger, but still easy to CC. It came with three 17-rnd mags and night sights. The night sights are identical to the Trijicon night sights on my son's G19 and G26. Very bright, easy to aim. Ben Nelson did an excellent job describing the unit's performance. Overall, it is an excellent unit.

Only negative I have found is that the mag release is large and easily accessed, so that on two occasions as I was maneuvering in my car seat or twisting to work on something, the mag was released unintentionally. Never like to see a mag drop out on it own! I just have to bear that in mind as I go about my day.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just picked up an FNS-9 (not the compact) but I feel the assessment of either would be similar. So far, I LOVE IT. The aiming did take some getting used to. I'm finding it to be a 12 o' clock hold rather than POA=POI. Mine has the factory trijicon night sights as well. Less recoil than I've had in any carry size 9mm. Very repeatable. Slimmer than a G19, and still holds 17 plus 1. Can't beat that with a stick.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    OP - I have all 3 FNS 9 models - Long slide , fullsize and compact - after the compact's first range outing it replaced my shield - and fits in the same holster

if the FNSc fits your hand and your budget then you'll be good to go, it's just a step better than the others in in way or another -

also the compact mag release is flatter than the FS or LS

good luck and enjoy

FNH FNS Compact 9 by Dan T | Photobucket

Dan T

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @Midskier

Thanks for the photos, it certainly puts it's size in perspective. Do you ever happen to get out to the range?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom