• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Has anyone had problems with their Sig not firing? I'm not sure, but I think it is just the less expensive Remington 115 grain FMJ ammo that I am having trouble with. Twice the last time I went out, I would pull the trigger and, nothing. Being single action only it is easy to pull the hammer back and squeeze the trigger a second time to get the bang. But not something you want to deal with in a life or death situation. I have noticed that the dent in the primer is very light. Not sure if it is too hard of primers or too short of a firing pin or too weak of a hammer strike. The self defense rounds dent in the primer seems deeper, and I have never had a failure to fire with them. Just thought I would put it out there to see if anyone else had experienced this problem?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My wife carries the P238, so I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say.

I have had three P238s. Two I still have, and one I traded for the P938. I never had this issue with the P238s. I really like these little Sigs. Very accurate and very dependable other than this recent issue. I normally carry a CM9 due to the lack of a safety, but I must say, I much prefer a SA pistol.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I would tend to blame the ammo since it is Remington, but just curious, is the firing pin channel dry and free from lube/depris?

If it does it consistently with 1 ammo, I'd just shoot something else. If it does it with several, I'd send it back to Sig

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I have a buddy that bought a new P250 and after about 500 rounds it would occasionally not fire. He sent it back to Sig and they fixed it. Less that 500 rounds later it went back for the same reason. I don't think he has shot it since he got it back....

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I was dying to take it apart and take a look at it, but he wouldn't let me since he was sending it back. I suspect an issue with whatever firing pin blocking mechanism they use

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sounds like a primer/ammo issue. Try other brands. If it works on some and not others, it's not the gun.

I have never had this issue with my 938. Sometimes it won't chamber my crummy handloads, but that's my fault as they're probably out of spec.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I had a P250 Compact in .40. It would not run a full mag, ever. Fail to feed, fail to fire (light strikes), and fail to eject. Sent it back 3x and on the 3rd time, I asked the custormer rep to swap me with something in their refurbished barrel. He sent a re-built P239 (metal frame made in Germany) and I love it. Sig is a great company, but I will never purchase another P250, even though I know there are guys out there who have them and love them. I still have 3 P250 mags they sent me to try and fix the problem, to no avail. Hope you get your problem solved with low frustration and a happy ending.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have both a P238 and P239 and have never had an issue with either of them having light strikes. I love those guns for times when you just cannot carry either on a belt or shoulder holster.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    All of my gen 4 Glocks have light strikes with steal cased ammo, so it could be a primer issue. But to make sure you need to fire other brands of ammo. I have over 2000 rounds of brass through my gen 4 19 but as soon as I use steel case ammo it gets light strikes, same as my gen 4 21. Just something about hard primers.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Mine is trouble free.
    What does your firing pin look like?

I compared my P938 to a friends P938 last night. The end of the firing pin that gets hit by the hammer appeared to stick out less on mine. It is my opinion that with some ammo this will not be a problem, and with other ammo it could be. I sent a pistol back to Sig once before and was not really satisfied afterwards. I think I will call them Monday and try to get a new firing pin sent rather than send my pistol to them. I like the pistol way too much to give up on it. Hopefully this next experience with customer service will be more productive than the last. Like I said, I don't believe I have had any problems with the self defense ammo I use in it. I think the Hornady primers are a tad softer.

Top Bottom