• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Ruger seems to be getting serious about duty/combat pistols. I did not get the chance to shoot his pistol yet but it did seem to be built very well. It felt good in the hand and had a nice trigger for a striker. The competition will be hard pressed to beat the price at $420.99. What are your thoughts?

[video=youtube;ok9FOsYq30U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9FOsYq30U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sorry,, I wouldnt buy that tank if it was $250
    Love SOME Rugers but that thing is HUGE

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm liking it. I was going to go snag one, but Ruger said they will have other versions. I'm holding out for a Glock 19 sized version. Not sure if they'll go there, but I think they'd be stupid not to.

I'm not saying it will replace my Glock 19 for EDC, though, but if they did it and the weight was competitive with a trigger as good or better than my SR9, then it would get the nod.

I'm glad to see Ruger pushing forward like this. I've got a bunch of Rugers that have been outstanding.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I really dig that gun, but they need to shave 8 ounces off of it. I'll wait and see what other versions come out. It's hard to beat that price though...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bringing this back from the dead.

My father-in-law bought a full size one and I got to shoot it today. It was a great shooters. I didn't run a crap load of rounds through it but I didn't have any issues with the grip hurting my hand. Soft shooting and accurate.

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    I have had one for a few years now, probably around 2500 rounds through it now. Its what I start new pistol shooters on after the Ruger Mark. Eats anything you feed it but is a big, chunky gun. Not really my cup of tea but good gun for the money (typical Ruger).

Top Bottom