• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • After the 19, which 9mm Glock would you get next?

• Total voters

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got a 19, and thus far it's struck that perfect balance between high capacity and concealed carry-ability. Within the realm of other Glock 9mms, the two immediate directions to go next to add to the mix would be a Glock 26 or a 17. I would like to hear from folks are your votes and opinions on which one of the two you'd get next and why. (granted it's highly subjective and personal preference, I'd nonetheless like to hear opinions).

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was actually in you shoes and I bought a Glock 17. I really like the full size Glocks; I don't really care for the 26/27 size guns. If you're leaning more towards the 26, I would suggest you look at the Shield or G43 instead. I have a shield for when I need to be invisible, and I think it does a much better job than the 26.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Save the money, buy ammo, the 17 does NOTHING the 19 can or cant do better. The 26, is a beast all its own. It only hides a BIT better. Buy holsters, ammo, and training, not necessarily in that order, but master the one, and then go forth and prosper!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I don't care for the 26, and the 19 will do most of what a 17 will do. Instead, go with a 10mm Glock 20! That will bring you something new, fresh, and different, as soon as you pull that trigger for the first time with a live round!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No bacon, CZ or 1911 option... Life is so much more fun with variety. I think the best answer is buy ammo or invest in training rather than another gun that will do the same thing as what you have.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It depends on what you intend to do with it. I carry a 19 and I will sometimes run a 26 in some summer months with tighter clothes etc. It does hide better than the 19 due to the grip length, much better for me. However I find myself still mainly carrying the 19, which I can conceal about as well as a 17 (AIWB if that matters to you). If you are going to go out and shoot it etc and has other purposes besides carrying concealed I'd go 17 or as many are saying 34.

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    A 34 does point a little better for most than a 17 but there's a reason the 19 is their biggest seller.. It pretty much does it all and does it well.
    Put your hands on a 17 and a 34 and see which feels better to you.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For some reason I shoot steel better with my 17 than my 34. It feels like it gets on target faster. Sold the 34. My EDC is a 26. I've have had two 19s and sold them. Now I want another one. Just buy all three.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I started with a 17 for the house then got a 19 when I started carrying. Got another 17 for the truck. 26 is my next buy since I now have a pile of 17 mags, 9mm ammo and training. Variety doesn't interest me anymore, I'm all about practicality, same ammo, same mags and same feel across the board. My wife has a 19 and 26 also so we can easily transition between each other's gear.

So, depends on what you need. Could be another gun or training, I'm glad I stopped buying guns and focused on training in 2015.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No bacon so poll not valid.

Glock 19 is a great all around gun. I would go with a Glock 34 or 43 next. Just not enough size difference in Glocks not to jump two sizes.

Top Bottom