• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Just picked this up in trade and am curious if anyone here owns one and has experience with it? Reliability, the good, the bad, etc? Thanks in advance

241vvx2.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I used to carry one, but have since traded up to the Kahr PM9. Very good CC firearm. Excellent DAO trigger. Some people have had problems with larger magazines. I've had some work reliably and some not.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Pros, good gun, small, reliable for me. Cons, disassembly not as easy as other makes, rear sight is almost impossible to move if it's not centering shots perfectly. I went to the Glock offering because I like the feel of that trigger better. It also irritated me that the rear sight was significantly off, and I couldn't move it, even with a punch in a vise. Some people will say the gun is only for close-up defense, but who knows? Accuracy is always important, and little things like that infuriate me.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Disassembly not easy? Pull back the slide to a mark, push out the pin, remove the slide. That's hard?

The trigger is definitely a taste thing. It isn't a Glock trigger and isn't intended to be. The trigger pull is longer and far smoother.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Disassembly not easy? Pull back the slide to a mark, push out the pin, remove the slide. That's hard?...

"Hard" was your word, not mine. I said, "not as easy as." And it was presented within the context of a balanced consideration of other factors. Wanna have a Kahr vs. Glock disassembly race, with the winner getting to keep the loser's gun? If I lose, I'll retract my statement :):

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I love mine!

jJSvhSD.jpg

I didn't like the stock sights so got some Dawson Precision night sights on it and got the slide cerakoted. It just disappears when wearing it IWB. I can wear jeans a properly fitting t-shirt and it just disappears.

Super reliable. Made in the USA. Easy take down for cleaning.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    No reliability issues Lebowski?

Well, at the range I had one round jam but after review and research I wrap it up to the use of an extended 7 round magazine instead of the stock 6 round magazine.

I've put maybe 500 or 600 rounds through it propbably and I've only had one failure, with the 7 round magazine and zero with the 6 round magazine I carry. It never failed me once even during the initial 200 round 'break in period'.

I only carry it with the flush 6 round magazine now. I've never ever had an issue with it going bang with those.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I have been carrying for about a month now. Ive put 300rds thru it, It had a SLIGHT hiccup within the first 100rds. (The slide was catching on the barrel at the very end of its cycle), fix that with a slight buffing of the barrel just in front of the chamber.

This is a awesome carry firearm,I love the sights and trigger. Definitely not a hard gun to disassemble.

LOVE MINE!!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Disassembly not easy? Pull back the slide to a mark, push out the pin, remove the slide. That's hard?

The trigger is definitely a taste thing. It isn't a Glock trigger and isn't intended to be. The trigger pull is longer and far smoother.

Exactly...

One of my sisters owns two or three Moonie pistols as bug's. She has nothing but great things to say about them.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Are you guys able to slingshot the CM9 to chamber a round successfully? I've read that khar says to use the slide release

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I normally slingshot to chamber a round with no problems. It's what I do with the rest of my guns so I wouldn't want it to be different for this one.

I'm a huge fan of my CM9. Definitely one of my favorite pistols that I own. It's one of those guns that just fit me perfectly. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it really fits my hands (two fingers on the grip) and becomes an extension of my arm more so than most (if not all) of my other guns do. I like the trigger and am able to maintain some pretty good accuracy during slow fire. I've never had any issues with it either. I'd vote to shoot it a few times and see what you think yourself before you make a decision. You may really enjoy it.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I traded my lcp for it with the intentions on pocket carrying it, looks like i might have to take it to the range and see how it does. Thanks guys

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Similarly, I sold an LC9 to fund the CM9, and I've never looked back. It remains one of my favorite pistols to shoot, and I've had it for 3 and a half years.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Quite a few complaints about problems with kahrs on the internet which kind of have me spooked a little bit about carrying it and trusting my life with it.

Top Bottom