Taurus PT 111 Mellinium Gen 2- trigger replacement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    So I need suggestions on a trigger replacement on this pistol. There is so much pull with nothing then it breaks hard. There also seems to be, at times, a catch in the beginning of the pull. I took it to the range the other day, it had a loaded chamber, safety off, I pulled it from my holster, squeezed the trigger, feeling a catch or drag like feel and then nothing after the break, the firearm did not go boom. Another squeeze, no boom. I dropped the mag, checked to confirm a loaded chamber, replaced the mag, another squeeze and finally it went boom. It did not instill a lot of confidence. Regardless of the malfunction, I do not like the trigger and am looking for suggestions for its replacement. I thought the Gen 2 had fixed the troubles of previous models. There were also several light strikes, this could have been a weak wrist of my 15 year old son though.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Also, you could flush the firing pin channel with something like gun scrubber; maybe some grease in there causing your light strikes.

The trigger, lots of dry firing, maybe it will break-in.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I just saw that ZX Gun has the G2 111 on sale right now for $239. So I watched Hickok45 review one on his youtube channel. It looks like a good little shooter other than the trigger. Supposedly the drop test issues have been corrected with this model too. I'm thinking of getting myself one of these to play with for awhile... they look neat too.

Top Bottom