• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's hear it for advertisers. Without them we wouldn't have gun mags and their Sterling Unbiased reviews of Kimber's and other's products.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I will guarantee one thing, it will have the biggest, shiniest ads in gun magazines.

Let's hear it for advertisers. Without them we wouldn't have gun mags and their Sterling Unbiased reviews of Kimber's and other's products.

Couldn't agree more. It seems the shot show is more hype than anything else. While there are some successes from Ruger (1911, gunsight Scout etc) and S&W (929, 986 etc) Many many products get "introduced" but a lot seem to never make it into production or they take a couple years but OH the advertisments and magazine pics look SO good!!! Like a human bug light for adult males

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Other than basic necessities like food, shelter and clothing, and legislated expenses like taxes and insurance, most everything else in the market is selling dreams and excitement. Of course 90% of it is un needed, of course it is mostly flash and hype. That is what keeps you interested long enough to buy. And as a whole, we like it that way. Think of how boring our hobby would be if we were all issued the same .357 revolver, 30-06 bolt action rifle and the same 12 gauge pump gun on our 21st birthday. Why else are have there been 16 "new and improved" calibers that are basically the same performance as a 30-06, or 12 places to buy plastic frame 9mm pistols?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Other than basic necessities like food, shelter and clothing, and legislated expenses like taxes and insurance, most everything else in the market is selling dreams and excitement. Of course 90% of it is un needed, of course it is mostly flash and hype. That is what keeps you interested long enough to buy. And as a whole, we like it that way. Think of how boring our hobby would be if we were all issued the same .357 revolver, 30-06 bolt action rifle and the same 12 gauge pump gun on our 21st birthday. Why else are have there been 16 "new and improved" calibers that are basically the same performance as a 30-06, or 12 places to buy plastic frame 9mm pistols?

Variety is the spice of life.
    I, for one, can't wait to see it. I don't "need" another wheel gun, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You know speaking of new products, it's been a while since the mention of Glocks new Carbine!!!

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Welp it's a let down and a half...

1925d25a24.jpg

Why bother... it's just an S&W 640 clone.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Actually looks nice. I bet it will be overpriced like all Kimbers lol. Flame suit on !

Considering their base model 1911s are some of the cheapest out there with the best quality materials... I have trouble saying kimbers are overpriced. A comparable colt would have set me back at least $300 more. I think I paid $730 after taxes out the door for my stainless II brand new at bradis, was about 5 years ago though.

I'm going to guess the revolver will run $900-$1200. I would be shocked if I was off by much.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not saying they don't make a quality firearm I own 2 . Just saying they are overpriced in my opinion that's all.

Well just asking, what's a comparable quality 1911 to a kimber custom II or stainless II that runs the same price or lower, and is made with entirely US made components?

Lets be fair to kimber here since they do offer far far less expensive options, like the 2 I just mentioned. I'm not a kimber fan boy but I do think they're as good as it's going to get unless you want to fork over the cash for a colt or a custom. And while the colts are very functional guns, all the ones I've ever messed with were fairly rough around the edges, in the most literal sense, meanwhile the kimbers have impeccable finish. (Especially their matte stainless)

Top Bottom