• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    With the price point of a Hi-Point I can excuse their ugliness, but from Walther this is just unacceptable.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    The PPX may be ugly, but to me they have an outstanding feel and the best double action hammer fired trigger pull on a semi-auto I have ever felt. In no way should the PPX be compared to a Hi-Point, but then no gun should be. And no, I don't own either one.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Plastic guns are all ugly. They are tools. I own 2 plastic guns. They are both ugly. They both serve their purpose exceptionally well.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    "ugly guns" serve a purpose, just like ugly cars, they get you around town, but I prefer to think of guns as very useful works of art, similar to a well styled car.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In full disclosure I am a huge fan of Walther's. That said they need to stop putting their name on every piece of garbage that rolls off the Umarex drawing board. Guns built to meet a price point usually end up being recognized as the turds they are. Please do not read that statement as my being a "gun snob" critical of lesser priced products. There are some good values and diamonds in the rough if you will hanging out in gun cases. But generally speaking consumers would be better off sticking with the popular service quality pistols.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. Love my PPQ. But some of the turds Walther has slapped their name on have been flush worthy.

Not all new Walthers look bad. The P99, PPS, & PPQ are pistols very much worth looking at! Everything else is fodder for gun store consumers.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My younger brother recently purchased a PPQ M2. Shot it again just the other night, and at 7+ yards, kept making the same hole just a bit larger, and more ragged. Beautiful trigger, and it gets better with every range trip! I think the only complaint (which is very minor) is that the flowing "Walther" logo looks like it was created by a kid in study hall. I also don't care for aesthetics of the paisley-style grip stippling, but it works really well. Otherwise, for me, the PPQ is everything I read about it, so much so that if I run across a slightly used PPQ M1 with the paddle-style mag release at a good price, I may be quite tempted.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Walther PPX does look like a hi point. Good thing they shoot really well. The triggers are a huge surprised when you dry fire one. If Glocks had triggers that good, no one would buy anything else.

Top Bottom