• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I am looking for a good pancake holster for a Glock 19, just bought a Galco matrix, and while it is good, it is not real concealable, I'm large of frame, with love handles so IWB's don't work too well. any help here? Thanks in advance

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Im using a Keyhole Mods IWB which works very well. I also purchased a few offline of the OWB Loop Holsters from Tactical Solutions. Great retention and custom order. Evil Holsters makes nice custom holsters as well, IF you can get them to respond.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    my JITs...

jits-2.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    If you go kydex route I have a owb from bravo concealment for my sig 226, well worth the 10ish week wait at the time, But I think the 19 holsters are rush order as long as you get black. I'm not sure on any leather because I don't own any leather holsters except an Iwb royal guard for my 1911.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Galco combat master hold both my G 19 & 20 very close to my body. The 19 dissappears under a shirt very easily. The 20 takes a little bulkier shirt.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Any double stack will be harder to conceal than a single stack.

Giving us some more info will help. Like what carry position do you carry? Do you prefer straight drop or cant?

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I have a DeSantis Intruder for my G23. It is a IWB holster. I'm 6'4" and weigh in at 250lbs. so the love handles are there. It is very comfortable to carry all day in a car or on the move. It hides hides very well under my sweatshirt. -Jason

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I carry my 23 with a pancake holster made my INGO SlowHand and couldn't be happier with it. Quality and fit are great. Price is good too. Conceals well.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am looking for a good pancake holster for a Glock 19, just bought a Galco matrix, and while it is good, it is not real concealable, I'm large of frame, with love handles so IWB's don't work too well. any help here? Thanks in advance

If you slide an IWB back a little farther, to about 5:30 or so, it usually alleviates the love handle problem. Some people will tell you to be very careful carrying at 5:30 or 6 because they will tell you that small of the back carry will put you in a wheel chair if you fall just right. I'd say that not having your gun on you could land you in a wheel chair or dead.

I'm a big fan of hybrid IWB holsters, paired with a good belt (my preference is the Daltech Force Biobelt).

I like the Galco King Tuk for my 19 or 26 personally. A second choice would be a Crossbreed IWB, check out Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters if you decide to go the Crossbreed route. You can often find very nice Crossbreed holsters and significant savings there.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a DeSantis Intruder for my G23. It is a IWB holster. I'm 6'4" and weigh in at 250lbs. so the love handles are there. It is very comfortable to carry all day in a car or on the move. It hides hides very well under my sweatshirt. -Jason

I've been curious about these as I've seen some really good prices on them. Midwayusa has the Intruder for the Glock 19 for $37.99. DeSantis Intruder Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 17 19

The Invader which uses neoprene rather than leather is even cheaper. I'm not sure how the non leather would hold up. I've just never seen any DeSantis holsters locally to check out in person.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    WebSnyper that is my holster. That is a heck of a price for it because I think I paid double for it local. I bought mine at USDS, they had a big selection of DeSantis holsters when I bought mine. I think it was a year or so ago.

I have carried mine on my side for road trips and long days cutting grass with no discomfort. It retains the G23 nice and tight. Plus with the large amount of leather it disperses the "gun print" on your body nicely.

I also carry mine around the 5 o'clock position to get away from the love handle. -Jason

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite holster for my Glock 23 is a Kramer Scabbard in horsehide. It keeps the gun nice and tight against my body and does not flop around like some other leather holsters do. Horsehide is really great stuff. No wonder the cover horses in the stuff.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Raven Concealment and Comp-tac.

this + Infinity. Yeah, it hurts the first time you plunk down $80-$90 for a kydex holster but once you get a great one you'll never look back. I have one for my G21 that is at least 6 or 7 years old and you'd never know by looking at it. It has outlasted all the others I've bought and I've only added Raven Phantom holsters for my other Glocks and M&P pistols. Great stuff & Great company! My only choice for daily carry.

Same is said for Comp-Tac...love their stuff, use it all the time for competition and can't imagine using anything else for that.

Top Bottom