• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Nearly once a week I get to read about how awesome Sig Sauer is... I always pause and ask why folks think this and I always get the same answers... They are "tight", quality is awesome, they shoot, they are comfortable, etc...

I try my best not to knock them as I get it, I may have had some lemons over the years... I really can only think of two Sigs I have actually liked... a Blackwater P226 and a P210... all the others, not good. Weather thats poor finish on them, poorly fit, metal warping (yes you read that right), or just poor quality all around... I cant get behind them. BTW, I still own my P210 and really love it.

Today while at one of the local shops... I was helping behind the counter and one of the local CERT (local swat team) guys came in... He carries a Tac-Ops Sig 1911 (again, all I hear is how great Sig 1911's are). He asked me to take a look at a few things as his magazine was not functioning correctly and rounds were not feeding properly on his 1911...

Well... I figured out fairly quickly what one of his issue was.

Again... this is the type of crap I am talking about with Sig... Ive seen it many many times... and sadly one of the times is going to be when someone actually needs a flawless functioning pistol... All three of his mags were like this.. smh

Sorry it wouldn't let me post just the video

[video]https://youtu.be/WAbBUzaz6oo[/video]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There is a lot that goes into that for me, but I'm curious as to what everyone else has to say. Especially those more "invested."

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    The only guns I don't love are my Sig Sauer Ultra compact 1911 in 45 ACP and my Kimber Solo in 9MM. Both are beautiful guns but I would never want to bet my life on either of them.

I had the feed ramp polished on the Sig and it seems to be fixed but it will never be a first line pick. Failure to fire is a big deal to me.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Please explain to me how having a floorplate that can be pushed off with your thumb affects how the feeding is happening in a pistol ?
    I understand if the floorplate pops off and dumps the ammo one the ground.
    But if the floorplate stays on the magazine how can if affect feeding of ammunition.
    How about a video of the pistol firing and show the loading issues happening, and show the floorplate causing the problem ???????

I believe I would just take a penknife and inlarge the hole in the floorplate, so the pin goes in the floorplate all the way.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have had issues my Sig as well a brand new Sig P938 and the stupid gun drops the magazine when you fire it. I sent it back to Sig 2 weeks ago so I am interested if it will be fixed and how long it will take , needless to say the 938 is gone once I get it back I will never carry a gun that has given me that many issues

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have had issues my Sig as well a brand new Sig P938 and the stupid gun drops the magazine when you fire it. I sent it back to Sig 2 weeks ago so I am interested if it will be fixed and how long it will take , needless to say the 938 is gone once I get it back I will never carry a gun that has given me that many issues

I will bet the spring under the slide stop has fallen out during a cleaning or has been damaged. I saw a you tube video on this a few months ago causing the same problem. This spring is not to be removed during cleaning I guess.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Please explain to me how having a floorplate that can be pushed off with your thumb affects how the feeding is happening in a pistol ?
    I understand if the floorplate pops off and dumps the ammo one the ground.
    But if the floorplate stays on the magazine how can if affect feeding of ammunition.
    How about a video of the pistol firing and show the loading issues happening, and show the floorplate causing the problem ???????

I believe I would just take a penknife and inlarge the hole in the floorplate, so the pin goes in the floorplate all the way.

I never said that the problem I showed was what caused the feeding problem... read the op again. Two separate issues "He asked me to take a look at a few things as his magazine was not functioning correctly and rounds were not feeding properly on his 1911..."

And you are incorrect about the floor plate all the way... the bottom of the magazine just falls off... and the floor plate just move back and forth. I really dont have a desire to own a Sig past the one I have so I have no pony in this race... Merely pointing out that I see problems all the time with them.

And if you rewatch the video you will clearly see that the pin sits flush in the hole on the magazine... So it has nothing to do with the size of the hole in the base plate.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well there you go, you... I suggest you send Sig Engineering's Dept a email and show them what they are doing wrong.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I own several Sigs and they all function flawlessly and perform as well if not better than my non-Sig guns. I guess we all have our own opinions.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Well there you go, you... I suggest you send Sig Engineering's Dept a email and show them what they are doing wrong.

Not my pistol... this was a police officers who came into a shop I was at. I just thought it was crappy as if he needed it in the line of duty and that either slide off upon drawing (easily could have happened) or the bottom popped off and distracted him, it could have cost him his life.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will bet the spring under the slide stop has fallen out during a cleaning or has been damaged. I saw a you tube video on this a few months ago causing the same problem. This spring is not to be removed during cleaning I guess.

Never messed with it, and the slide stop still had tension the gun has done that since I bought it. Totally ruined my confidence in the pistol though unfortunatly

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I own four sig pistols and a sig rifle....well at least i did till the boating accident ...and have owned many sigs over the years and i have never had one problem ever with them....i have had only one failure to cycle in a dirty sig 238 ...this includes surplus sigs...it might be the 1911's though and the p250 had a bad release but so did glock 42 according to some...its gonna happen with some pistols so i dont doubt you but i dont think it is typical of sig....

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I wouldn't buy a Sig 1911, but to me that's neither really a Sig or a 1911. If you're talking a 226, 228 etc then I'd say you couldn't go wrong with those pistols.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've owned several Sigs, P239. 2022, P226, P227, P320, 716, & two of their 1911 types. I have never had an issue, 100% to the best of my recollection.

I have traded/sold most, only because I prefer my HK & PPQ.

Still have the 716, & a P229 Legion recently appeared in my range bag.

YMMV

Gun Daddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I own the Sig Sauer 1911 scorpion in 4.25" and have never had an issue with mine. I have read and seen many videos where people have had an issue. As mentioned above a few statements ago, Sig seems to have had some issues within their 1911 line. I can tell you I like mine because I think the trigger is amazing. I cannot honestly tell you that the slide to frame fit is better than my springfield armory 1911 loaded; however, the trigger is. That being said it does seem to me that there have been issues with Sig's 1911 line in the past. I believe they have been working through the issues. I have nearly 1000 rounds through mine and have not had issues with feeding or the slide not locking back. I can tell you my main reason for buying this gun was because of how it looks.

Top Bottom