• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griz99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Carmel
    Looking at purchasing a full size 9mm and have narrowed down to the Beretta 92 or the CZ 75. Is one better than the other? Comments welcome in helping make a decision.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Both the 92 and the 75 are very good service type pistols. Pick the one you like or shoot best. If you can't decide which pistol you like best, the Beretta surplus magazines are often found at bargain prices.

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I've shot both and currently have a compact CZ. Really it comes down to preference as they each have their upsides and drawbacks. You can get a new CZ for cheaper than the Beretta, but you're also probably more likely to find a Beretta.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You should stop right now and make your decision based on these quality posts. Pretty soon the kool-aid drinking CZ fans will be here to convince you there is no other gun to consider.:)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Here's a curve ball. A friend just bought his wife an SAR B6P at Rural King. $300 out the door. It's essentially a CZ75 copy. It's made in Turkey and imported by EAA. My wife and I have both shot it. It's DA/SA, accurate, and has run flawlessly so far.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One of the CZick crowd and I vote CZ :D

Honestly, I rented a 92fs at the range and thought it was fine. Personally I like the 75B, but the sights are terrible. Other than that, the gun shoots great right out of the box and if you want to make it even sweeter, some CGW parts will make it one of the nicest shooting guns you'll ever have. There are some decent sight options for it to, though not nearly as many options as for Glock or S&W. If you do go with the 75B, get the Omega version. Better trigger out of the box and it's less money to upgrade down the road.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    You should stop right now and make your decision based on these quality posts. Pretty soon the kool-aid drinking CZ fans will be here to convince you there is no other gun to consider.:)

LOL ..... midnight ride of Paul "CZ" Revere...... the CZ :koolaid: are coming!!!!..... the CZ :koolaid: are coming!!!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I've never been that impressed with the Beretta 92 (11+ years of drinking US Army Kool-Aid) The CZ 75 is a superbly designed pistol. I also agree with going with the Omega series CZ.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The 92 is the softest shooting 9mm out there. The CZ is an extremely accurate 9mm. I've had both and if I had to buy one I'd buy the 92.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Cz hands down. But they are "meh" out of the box. Drop the full boat CGW package in them. And we have one of the top cz smiths in the country right here in IN. Have him slick it up and do the CGW parts install, and you'll have a gun that can hang with anything out there.

If you're going to leave it stock, I think I'd go with the 92.....but.....blegh.....nope.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've not shot a 92, but have shot plenty of CZ variants. Once you sip the koolaid, you'll want the whole glass. I'm one of the strange ones in the CZick crowd, I don't mind a stock one. Sure room for improvement and the fully hot rodded ones are the bees knees, but if you're stuck with a stock one it'll be fine.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I mean seriously.....there's no 92 out there that's this czexy. And I sure as hell haven't ever shot a 92 that could keep up with it.

Gooble gobble gooble gobble one of us one of us.....

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I've not shot a 92, but have shot plenty of CZ variants. Once you sip the koolaid, you'll want the whole glass. I'm one of the strange ones in the CZick crowd, I don't mind a stock one. Sure room for improvement and the fully hot rodded ones are the bees knees, but if you're stuck with a stock one it'll be fine.
    Ditto, I have the CZS with all the upgrades and they are awesome, but also own a P-07 that is stock and is just bad ass!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No knock on the 92. It has far to much going for it to even attempt to play it down.
    That said, having shot a few 92's it took the CZ platform to push me into the 9mm.
    Yes, I have partaken of the :koolaid: and it was cherry.....:)

Agree the 92 might be better (trigger etc) stock but once loved on the CZ is by far something I would and do own. X's 4 with my sights set on #5

Top Bottom