• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Picked this one up today pre model # made @1934 .wrong grips should be service grips 90-95% can't wait to shoot it.
    It is called a model 1# outdoorsman ,2 other models #2 and #3 . I have a #3 will be looking for a #2

Front sight is called a BRIGHT sight because it catches the light and glows like a mirror

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    Very nice looking older wheel gun. Looks like it is drilled and tapped for a scope? Love the front sight looks good and I hope she shoots nice for you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am up to eight K frame .22's but I have yet to snag an K 22 Outdoorsman...I have my eye on one but have not sealed the deal yet...

Here is a neat clip done in period style...A wonderful ode to my favorite weapon of all time...

[video=youtube;xqywVk-hZsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqywVk-hZsA[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well Walt...Your thread prompted me to make that call...

I have a K 22 Outdoorsman on the way....It's a shooter grade...A previous owner polished out the silver medallions and had his initials nicely engraved and there is some blue wear...I am getting from a friend who has a shop in Louisville...Wife is doing a combo Christmas/Valentine/Dog died present....

This is the first time INGO has actually cost HER money lol......

She came in the shop and saw me perusing this thread...I told her I like to think of myself as a K 22 guy but that Kirk and WaltO both have a K 22 Outdoorsman and I don't have one yet....She asked if I knew where there was one at...I told her it has been held for me for a month but they just put it back out on the shelf because I just couldn't swing it right now...I then sniffled and said I am sure another shooter grade will show up again in the next five years and that with Lasik surgery I may still be able to hit something with one then.....

She said make the call...I did....I am happy...Thanks for helping a dream become real....:)

I got some vintage square butt stag grips I am going to put one her and will post a pic soon....

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    you are 1 fortunate husband .My wife bought several guns for me before she passed . I was very fortunate to as you are .
    Don't tell her how much you care for her, SHOW HER every day .

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Well Walt...Your thread prompted me to make that call...

I have a K 22 Outdoorsman on the way....It's a shooter grade...A previous owner polished out the silver medallions and had his initials nicely engraved and there is some blue wear...I am getting from a friend who has a shop in Louisville...Wife is doing a combo Christmas/Valentine/Dog died present....

This is the first time INGO has actually cost HER money lol......

She came in the shop and saw me perusing this thread...I told her I like to think of myself as a K 22 guy but that Kirk and WaltO both have a K 22 Outdoorsman and I don't have one yet....She asked if I knew where there was one at...I told her it has been held for me for a month but they just put it back out on the shelf because I just couldn't swing it right now...I then sniffled and said I am sure another shooter grade will show up again in the next five years and that with Lasik surgery I may still be able to hit something with one then.....

She said make the call...I did....I am happy...Thanks for helping a dream become real....:)

I got some vintage square butt stag grips I am going to put one her and will post a pic soon....

hannibal-i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together1.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Bride just walked in to the shop with my K 22 Outdoorsman....Thanks WaltO...

By Monday I will have from 1934-1996 K 22's...May take some pics this weekend and post Tuesday....Here is a song that captures this moment...

[video=youtube;LEZtII8rt_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y[/video]

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Totally understand. I am at work and FedEx just dropped off a beautiful Ruger Bisley courtesy of Fixer. Love that intrastate shipping between proper persons thing. Unfortunately I can just stare at the box longingly.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Totally understand. I am at work and FedEx just dropped off a beautiful Ruger Bisley courtesy of Fixer. Love that intrastate shipping between proper persons thing. Unfortunately I can just stare at the box longingly.

You got that???? Nice brother...I was tempted but then I saw a model 17 someone had up for grabs and well...You know me and model 17's......:)

Top Bottom