• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    Thinking about getting a sig, I have always been a Glock guy, but picked up a couple sigs the P320 and the P2022 and am thinking about giving up the Glock for a sig. I really like both the 2022 and the 320, which do you recommend INGO and why?

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I chose the 320 over Glock primarily because of comfort. I just don't like the Glock grip angle- bites into my palm with extended shooting. The 320 fits perfect. As with most firearm choices, comfort weighs heavily on the decision. Additionally, I'm a big fan of the trigger, the modular system, the cost of additional grips, and how ridiculously easy it is to deep clean the 320.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have a glock 19, 3.5# ghost connector,3.5# zev trigger spring kit, ive polished the safety plunger, firing pin, trigger bar, all to a mirror shine, and the trigger pull/reset is as good as the factory pull/reset on my 320

ive added a extended mag release and slide release, that I don't need on my 320

the trigger guard on my glock rubs my middle finger knuckle, and doesn't on my 320

as soon as I shot my 320, I unloaded my mags for my glock, put them in my 320, and my glock sits in my gun safe, hanging its head in shame, the sig p320 is what the glock will be when it grows out of the "awkward teenager" stage.

I know that I've just p!$$ed of every glock fan boy in the world, but the truth hurts, and so far, I've gotten 3 people to hop off the glock bandwagon, and hang their hat with the sig p320, the first had a 19 with an apex trigger, undercut trigger guard, trijicon rmr, and he called me a "son ova b!7ch" when I let him finger fondle my 320, two weeks later he had one and his 19 was up for sale. one of the others came looking for a glock 19, as soon as he popped it into his left hand, I took it back, handed him a 320(cause its ambidextrous, slide stop is on both sides, and mag release is convertible) and next thing you know, he's filling out the paperwork on it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I love the 2022. It is one of the best values out there. It's not quite as nice as a p22x, it's still very nice, and half the price. I prefer the grip to the steel framed model, actually.

The p320 has a really solid reputation, but I have no experience with them beyond dry fire.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have a glock 19, 3.5# ghost connector,3.5# zev trigger spring kit, ive polished the safety plunger, firing pin, trigger bar, all to a mirror shine, and the trigger pull/reset is as good as the factory pull/reset on my 320

ive added a extended mag release and slide release, that I don't need on my 320

the trigger guard on my glock rubs my middle finger knuckle, and doesn't on my 320

as soon as I shot my 320, I unloaded my mags for my glock, put them in my 320, and my glock sits in my gun safe, hanging its head in shame, the sig p320 is what the glock will be when it grows out of the "awkward teenager" stage.

I know that I've just p!$$ed of every glock fan boy in the world, but the truth hurts, and so far, I've gotten 3 people to hop off the glock bandwagon, and hang their hat with the sig p320, the first had a 19 with an apex trigger, undercut trigger guard, trijicon rmr, and he called me a "son ova b!7ch" when I let him finger fondle my 320, two weeks later he had one and his 19 was up for sale. one of the others came looking for a glock 19, as soon as he popped it into his left hand, I took it back, handed him a 320(cause its ambidextrous, slide stop is on both sides, and mag release is convertible) and next thing you know, he's filling out the paperwork on it.

Thats how I feel about my PPQ. It's hard to enjoy McDonalds once you've had steak.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son has a full size .45 P320 and that's a really nice pistol. But, when I wanted a good CC .45, I went with the Glock due to the size difference. Both hold 10 rounds of .45, but the Glock does it in a much smaller package. I took a dremel to the frame to fix the 'Glock knuckle' issue and polished the internals. Is it as nice as my son's P320? No, it isn't. But, it gives me 10+1 of .45 in a package that's easier to conceal than the full size P320. It's hard to go wrong with either though, as they are both great carry pistols.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    By picked up, do you mean bought or only held?

As a former Glock owner and currently own Sigs exclusively, I say the first thing you need to do is shoot a hammer fired gun. Coming from striker fired Glocks, make you get a few hundred rounds through them before you jump. While the first shot is a heavy 10 pounds each shot afterward will be closer to 4.5-5lbs.

The P320 will be the easiest transition and the trigger is butter smooth beautiful. I say that is a no-brainer. After having played with one, I want to say just stop now and get it.

If you want to dabble in the hammer fired world, the 2022 is great gun. I loved mine. I wish I didn't sell it may pick up the next one that shows up in classifieds. The SP2022 is every bit as accurate as my P226. The trigger is not quite as good and there is not a SRT option for the 2022 (though there is a short trigger, I think). If you don't want to spend $800+ on a metal Sig, this one hell of value.

All my P2XX guns get the SRT and short trigger. Period.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a P320 compact and sub compact. I like the way they shoot better than the Glocks. If you like the striker fired method, then go with the P320.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have both and really enjoy both. I prefer the P320 over my Glock 19. I have the compact and will end up getting the subcompact frame. The SP2022 is IMO one of the more underrated guns out there. It is awesome.

It really comes down to what type of action you want. The 320 is a striker and the SP2022 is DA/SA. Both have advantages. You really can't go wrong with this choice. I guess the P320 is more versatile with the different grip modules.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have the P320 and a Glock 17. I like the 320 for deep concealed IWB carry and the 17 for OWB under a jacket or shirt carry. Each have their own merits in my opinion. If you're ever in the Avon area and want to meet at Parabellum I'll bring the guns and you bring the ammo!

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have been searching for a new carry gun. I've been wanting to switch to a gun that holds more rounds.( currently carry the M&P 45c). I've narrowed it down to the G19
    and the P320. After work today I went and rented both to compare them side by side. The glock would be a little easier to conceal. But the Sig to me feels better, points better , and shoots effortlessly. The G19 is a great gun( a G22 is my wives go to home defense gun btw) but my next carry gun is the P320.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    LOVE my P320. Chose it over PPQ and G19. It's just a better overall package in terms of ergonomics, trigger, modularity, etc. I shoot it better than I ever shot my Glock.

P320 trigger is not light, but it's crisp and short, which is what I prefer.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll echo others, have a p320 and love it. The 2022 is also excellent. Depends on what you prefer, hammer fired or striker fired. I'm more of a striker fired person myself, and the p320 has an excellent trigger. It's not super light, but is crisp and predictable with a short reset. Just my opinion, I feel the p320 trigger is better. My opinion may be tainted because of shooting the p22X with a SRT though...

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The 2022 is really nice and they're inexpensive and at first glance seems to be a better deal, but considering that a P320 Compact (or carry) and a SC grip frame and mag will run you $600 (add $100 for night sights), the P320 is a better deal IMO if you can swing the higher initial buy-in. You'll have a full or medium sized grip for normal use and a more concealable package that will take your full size mags as spares for when you want something more concealable.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    The SP2022, P320, P250 (Gen2) and all P series Sigs are outstanding handguns! The Glock is a good and proven design but the Sigs are on a level higher in quality.

Top Bottom