• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    So I thought I might start the day by stirring the pot. Just realized that the 1911 is much easier to detail strip than a Glock. So all who say it is much easier to maintain a Glock have never had OCD.

Flame on.:evilangel:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. If you maintain the standard GI recoil spring plug they are a breeze to field strip.

I do have the 2 piece rods in all of mine. Even with the 2 piece I can get the slide off very easily.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I own both and love both. I can detail strip a Glock much faster than the 1911. I'm thinking that you've never done it to either of them.

PS Hey churchmouse, he said detail strip, not field strip. Either way the Glock is much easier and faster.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Detail strip on the glock is easier. No "slide stop lever" to rotate and push out. No barrel bushing. You literally replace both of these by pressing down on the locking block levers and the slide pops off the front.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    1911s are so overrated. Out dated. Obsolete. Only old people shoot them. Heavy. Bullitz are too big. If John Moses Browning were alive today, he'd carry a glock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I own both and love both. I can detail strip a Glock much faster than the 1911. I'm thinking that you've never done it to either of them.

PS Hey churchmouse, he said detail strip, not field strip. Either way the Glock is much easier and faster.

Yeah the pin that holds the mainspring housing slows some folks down and does required a few bits if the retention pin is not in place. Beyond that I can dump a 1911 pretty quickly.
    Not enough experience with the Glock admittedly.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can't imagine not cleaning/lubing anything. Even more importantly on something you're trusting your life on.

Also "Overrated Tactical Tupperware" is absolutely brilliant.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine

I freely admit never doing it to a Glock but the 1911 is a different story. I might not be as good as CM but can do it blindfolded if need be. BTW the Glock is a .45 so your argument is moot. ​Real men only shoot .45.

Top Bottom