• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balarrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Columbus
    I'm looking for a nice single stack gun that I can pocket carry.
    I want it in 9. I have pretty big hands so I feel like the G43 would be to small.
    Im leaning more towards the Ruger LC9S because of the pinky extension.
    What do you all recommend?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Whichever one you shoot best. Both are good guns.

If the pinky extension is the reason for the Ruger, I'm sure they have them for the Glock.

I'd suggest finding a range that rents both of them and shoot them. Then make your choice.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have pretty big paws, too. XXL golf glove size. I carry a 9mm M&P Shield. It's about right but I can shoot the wife's G43 just as well. Took a little getting used to but it's not that bad. Thinking about getting a G43 of my own. Try it, you'll like it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Whichever one you shoot best. Both are good guns.

If the pinky extension is the reason for the Ruger, I'm sure they have them for the Glock.

I'd suggest finding a range that rents both of them and shoot them. Then make your choice.

Best answer. You may fondle them in the store and pick a winner, which may not be the one you prefer shooting. I will say that the LC9s has a FAR superior trigger. I've shot 3 G43's and the trigger on every one of them absolutely sucked. The LC9s trigger reminds me a bit of the trigger in the Walther PPQ, which is to say it has a very nice trigger. We're looking for a CC gun for the wife and will most likely end up with the LC9s for her, but I still need to get out and rent one for her to try out.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I do agree the p938 is a great shooter with a great trigger but it's in another price range. You should just head out to the lgs and dry fire them both.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Just went through this with a buddy....both guns are on the large size for pocket carry...he wound up with the Ruger LCP with pinky

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    I carry a Glock 43. I am not a small person and I have no trouble shooting or controlling the firearm. I carry mine in a pocket holster at times without any trouble but I prefer to carry it in a IWB kydex holster so it is much quicker to access. And yes I am not a big fan of the LC9's. I have shot them but I do personally believe the Glock is a much superior firearm. Glock waited way to long to make this gun but I have enjoyed the time I have spent training with it catching up. Well over 1000 rounds with zero issues. Also like everything else Glock already hundreds of holsters and sight options to go with it. Lastly the most important thing to consider is which works best for you. Train and shoot with both for a day in the manner you plan on using it and you will have your answer.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I vote for the LC9s
    Great trigger right out of the box and one more round in the magazine over the G43.
    If you are going the LC9 route, I would suggest looking at the LC9s Pro.

I still want a G43 someday, though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 43. The trigger on every LC9s wobbles around in the frame plus the mag release is positioned where people seem to push it and eject the magazines. The LC9s is built to meet a price point.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Glock 43. The trigger on every LC9s wobbles around in the frame plus the mag release is positioned where people seem to push it and eject the magazines. The LC9s is built to meet a price point.
    Ditto, have owned two for the girlfriend and in my opinion cheaply built.psyko

K1LLB0XS373N

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Morgan County
    I owned a Ruger Lc9s and miss the CCW aspect but I had alot of issues with the mag popping out and had to send it in under warranty to be fixed. Other than that not a bad handgun.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I have both LC9S Pro and G43 Talo. Shoot both well but will say I like the sights better on the G43. The G43 is easier to hold and recoil is slightly less. Mag release is easier on the G43 for me also. My 2 cents.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I also own the G43 and the LC9S Pro and find them to be very reliable and easy to handle. With the pinky extention it makes them both very stable when shooting. If I had to say one was better than the other it would be a tough call. The LC9S Pro is cheaper and holds 1 more round, however it is harder to field strip. The G43 is glock consistent, reliable and easy to maintain. If I could only have one of them and money was no issue, I would go with the Glock. But as already been said they are both great guns.:twocents:

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    LC9s, LCP
    Shield 9, Shield 9 Performance Ctr (with the ported barrel/slide- you CAN feel the difference)
    Glock 43
    ...and a few others

ALL of these can be rented at Point Blank in Carmel
    $10 at the rental counter- shoot all day

Pappy

Top Bottom