• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I had tried out a trigger at a couple local gun shops and triggers were awesome.

I ordered a Sig p320 and it arrive and trigger feels terrible. It is so much different than what I expected.

Most of the triggers I have handled on p320 are better than my VP9 but this sig p320 is awful.

I am feeling ripped off since I only bought the gun for the trigger touted so positively.

Anybody have a similar experience? I have dry fired it a couple a hundred times but it remains unchanged as far as the weight

I found this review from Massad Ayoob that says:

..."The serialized part of the P320 is what Sig calls the Fire Control Unit, or FCU. The design will allow for a range of trigger pulls, from 5.5 to 7.5 pounds in weight, by changing parts. My test gun came from the factory with a pull that felt to me like a Glock with a standard trigger spring and an 8-pound connector, but with somewhat less take-up. My Lyman digital trigger pull gauge confirmed this. Since this pistol has a pivoting trigger, leverage comes into play, and the pull weight changes depending on where you measure it on the trigger. The very bottom, the “toe” of the trigger, yielded an average pull weight of 6.2 pounds. Measured from the center of the trigger, where most index fingers rest, it came to 8.74 pounds. This added weight seemed reassuring. - See more at: http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/12/massad-ayoob-tests-sig-sauer-p320-9mm/#sig-sauer-p320-beauty"

It seems as if I wanted a glock trigger I would flush the Zev trigger I bought for my wife's glock (that I don't want) down the toilet along with the money I spent on this Sig. Who wants a 7-8 lb trigger on a striker fired pistol?

Last edited:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    That's a real bummer. All of the ones I have dry fired and had out at the range have been pretty nice. What is wrong? Really gritty, spongy or something else?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    It is just really heavy. Both guys at the guns shop where I transferred in said it was much heavier than what they had seen in their shop too.
    That's a real bummer. All of the ones I have dry fired and had out at the range have been pretty nice. What is wrong? Really gritty, spongy or something else?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I knew you guys were going to show up:
    Because they did not have one at Guns N Gold and because I dont like the other guy down the street who was asking $100 more + tax

Post another thread about you support your local gouge shop. I am looking for helpful answers about a inconsistent Sig triggers not judgement about where I CHOOSE to shop. That's the real issue here.

Question. Is there a reason you didn't buy one from your LGS that you knew had a good trigger, rather than ordering one and gambling?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i saw that but why should I have to pay 300 bucks for what, in my opinion, was suitable and on par with my standards out of the box from most examples I have seen. Based on all that I have seen, I would have been happy if their production was consistent. I think I will just sell it like you suggest if Sig blows more smoke up my butt. I would trade this for another Vp9 right now.
    P320 Carry Action Package > Grayguns by Bruce Gray

Sucks to dump more money into an 80% gun, but if you want it better than the VP9, this is where I'd start. Or get out from under it now.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I knew you guys were going to show up:
    Because they did not have one at Guns N Gold and because I dont like the other guy down the street who was asking $100 more + tax

Post another thread about you support your local gouge shop. I am looking for helpful answers about a inconsistent Sig triggers not judgement about where I CHOOSE to shop. That's the real issue here.

:dunno: Simple question, only required a simple answer. Price and selection are both valid reasons. Sucks you got a lemon. Hope you can get it straight.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    i saw that but why should I have to pay 300 bucks for what, in my opinion, was suitable and on par with my standards out of the box from most examples I have seen. Based on all that I have seen, I would have been happy if their production was consistent. I think I will just sell it like you suggest if Sig blows more smoke up my butt. I would trade this for another Vp9 right now.

I get it. Went through the same thing with my Redhawk. Either pay to make it better than stock or kick it loose. Any middle ground is heartburn.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Is it worth contacting Sig? Is it a model that was designed for another state? (I think MA has heavier trigger pulls as standard)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is it worth contacting Sig? Is it a model that was designed for another state? (I think MA has heavier trigger pulls as standard)

Trigger weight inconsistencies between individual guns is well documented with the P320. Sights being off with the 9mm as well, requiring a new front sight.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Surprised to hear it. I have a 320c and 320sc and both triggers are fine. I agree with BBI, Sig CS probably will just tell you it is fine but I would at least give it a try.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    It is not a Mass. Trigger....those are 10lbs...its a glock like trigger and if u examine examples you will see that this sig p320 trigger is very nice in comparison to the garbage I received

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It is not a Mass. Trigger....those are 10lbs...its a glock like trigger and if u examine examples you will see that this sig p320 trigger is very nice in comparison to the garbage I received
    OK, so if it we have established that it is not a model that was designed for another state will you be contacting Sig? Sounds as though they should honor their warranty;
    "SIG SAUER warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship and mechanical function"

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I will contact them after the weekend
    OK, so if it we have established that it is not a model that was designed for another state will you be contacting Sig? Sounds as though they should honor their warranty;
    "SIG SAUER warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship and mechanical function"

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I will contact them after the weekend

Let them know that others are watching this post. Really like the the 320 and have looking that direction.
    Does the specs say what the trigger pull weight should be, is it really between 5 to 8 pounds? That's a lot.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let them know that others are watching this post. Really like the the 320 and have looking that direction.
    Does the specs say what the trigger pull weight should be, is it really between 5 to 8 pounds? That's a lot.
    Website says 5.5-6.5 lbs.

Top Bottom