• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I finally talked a friend of mine into getting her husband some training. They "own a gun" but have never really shot it or had any training. She couldn't even tell me what caliber it was. After the class they agreed with me and the instructor that generally speaking 9mm should be considered about the smallest caliber you want to consider for a primary personal protection weapon. He told his wife to simply throw the gun away that they had, he wants a new one. You read that right! I pleaded for her to not throw it away. I explained no matter how cheap it is, any functioning gun has someone out there that would love to have it. I offered to find a buyer for her, make sure she wasn't breaking any laws in how she sells it (a typical stress to non gun people). She said she really was going to just throw it in the trash so she has no issue with just giving it to me! I felt like my daughter does when she comes home from the animal shelter explaining how she helped someone adopt a dog. I saved this little guy from death!

I have it home now...knowing nothing about revolvers I quickly went to Google in hopes of figuring out it is a priceless gem. The gun equivalent of finding a Rembrandt in the attic I'm just sure of it!

Well, it may quite possibly be one of the most inexpensive guns EVER made. :):
    I present to you the Model RG 14 .22 caliber revolver. Most infamous for being the gun that Hinckley used to try and assassinate Reagan with. One of the original "Saturday night specials".
    I read it originally retailed for around $20. It looks like it would be fun to shoot but nothing much more. You have to unscrew and remove the cylinder pin to allow the cylinder to swing out and reload it! The last gun I would ever want to use in a self defense situation.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I present to you the Model RG 14 .22 caliber revolver. Most infamous for being the gun that Hinckley used to try and assassinate Reagan with. One of the original "Saturday night specials".
    I read it originally retailed for around $20. It looks like it would be fun to shoot but nothing much more. You have to unscrew and remove the cylinder pin to allow the cylinder to swing out and reload it! The last gun I would ever want to use in a self defense situation.

Definitely not recommended for self-defense. Still, it should be a fun plinker and possibly even a pretty good gun for training new shooters. This guy gives a good history of the firearm.

[video=youtube_share;BEAJf0GG3wQ]http://youtu.be/BEAJf0GG3wQ[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    x_6_RG_Ind-8a23da9a036683750527195474bd2e75.JPG.pagespeed.ic.NiCchdhoHL.jpg

Nice gun. If it's safe to shoot, hard to beat it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    "RG" used to be known as "Rotten Gun", ha! But in your case it looks good and I would be proud to have it in a back pack or tackle box any day.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Frame is inclined to crack or warp or internal parts break after 200-300 rounds. Used to call them Saturday Night hand-bombs.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Frame is inclined to crack or warp or internal parts break after 200-300 rounds. Used to call them Saturday Night hand-bombs.

Yes the best place for that is in the land fill before someone gets hurt. Take it apart, whack the tube with a sledge, and pitch it. I would think it is legal as long as it is rendered useless.

Have disposed of a few family relics like that. All stocks and grip panels hit the wood stove. Rest got cut up and bent then scrapped. No big deal.

brogers261990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Flora
    Nice deal! Wish I could find someone looking to get rid of some guns, even ones in poor condition on which I could practice some gunsmithing.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Well, I have TWO of them. One is reliable, and goes BANG each trigger pull!! The other one, not so much*** BANG,, BANG,, click, BANG,, then once more around, then BANG again. Waiting for another gun buy back, then may get something out of it. Just likes I did with an old Jennings 22 many years ago.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    "RG" used to be known as "Rotten Gun", ha! But in your case it looks good and I would be proud to have it in a back pack or tackle box any day.

Nuh Uh! RG stands for Real Good! A friend back in high school had an RG in .38 SPL. He went to cock it one day and the hammer spur broke of leaving it as an impossible gun to shoot even half way accurately as a DA only revolver. You literally had to use both index fingers to shoot it.

Top Bottom