• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    After keeping up on Vangaurd45's thread about why he won't carry a single stack handgun, and realizing everyone has their reasons for what they carry, just curious as to what everyone carries with them every single day of the week. Not the casual carry or when certain circumstances permit, but moreso, what do you ensure you ALWAYS have on you? I understand sometimes you cannot carry in certain buildings/areas/work/etc., however, what leaves the house with you everyday without a doubt????

Mine is pretty simple.
    -Glock 43 with TT +1 mag extension (holster options vary based on dress and location of concealment)
    -Spare mag with +2 (front left pocket)
    -IPhone 6s (back right pocket)
    -Car Keyfob (right front pocket)
    -Housekeys (kept in car console)
    -Wallet (front left pocket with spare mag)
    -Watch

I can't remember the last time I left the house without these items. If I am leaving my house, I always wear pants or shorts with pockets to ensure I can always take these items with me. If I go to the gym, I change there and throw everything in a backpack and the bag follows me to each machine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The minimum I'll go out with is:

Sig P938 with an extended mag and one spare mag in a pocket holster.
    Kershaw pocket knife
    iPhone 5s
    Keys w/mini flashlight attached
    wallet

That's not my EDC setup though and is just what I'll carry when I am going to a very gun-unfriendly environment. My EDC is normally a compact .45 and a spare mag, usually being a DW CCO or Glock 30sf. I really need to start carrying a flashlight regularly.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Typical, or bare minimum?

My typical list is much like yours, only without a watch, and substitute a flashlight.

More minimum, like if I go for a walk around the 'hood, is my handgun, knife, and light. Those are put in their respective places when I dress in the morning. I rarely grab wallet, keys, and such unless I need them.

Bare minimum is, well, not much. If I am flying for work, I just have wallet, phone, keys, and light.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Knife, pen, flashlight, keys, phone, all on person. Pistol and spare mags in car if not on person.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I always carry a double stack Glock pistol with a backup mag at all times when I'm off duty. Usually my 19, sometimes a 26 or 27.

keys
    work cell
    personal cell
    Kershaw Blur S30V
    Streamlight Microstream
    Wallet in back pocket
    Police ID in separate pocket

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll play. Usual EDC equipment is XDs 9mm with 8 or 9 rd mag with a spare in a pocket (or my 5.25 XDm 9mm) Kershaw Blur, Rayovac 140 lumen light, keys, wallet and phone. I have recently added a Leatherman Rev to the mix for the tool uses ie pliers mainly.

On the way to work it's everything above minus the gun. I work in MI and employer brings in dogs at random to check for explosives, drugs etc, so carrying while at work is a no go.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Nowadays, it's a Sig P320 compact in a tuckable IWB holster, knife, phone, and spare mag.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is about it for me, replace the Whaleshark with my Strider SMF and we are right on the money.

cJHFWJIh.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch. Wait, wrong checklist. :):

My minimum is the following:

wallet
    Leatherman Juice S2
    Coast SP2 penlight
    phone
    tactical pen
    G19 (or G42 if getting made is just not an option... neither if its a prohibited space)

Add a few extras (such as pants, car keys, etc.) as required for the specific situation.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For those days when I am dressed up beyond jeans/T-shirt I have a Charter arms Bull Dog in .44 special loaded with Glaser rounds.

Nasty little wheel gun when you touch one of those off.

ZT-301........Always.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Minimum? Nothing. I mean it won't keep me from leaving the house if I don't have a firearm on me. But my usual is the Taurus .45 but I'd gladly give that up for a LW commander/officer sized 1911

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If I have to run out I at least have wallet, phone, keys, and my Benchmade auto knife, full size Glock of some sort. Those are the minimum.

What generally leaves with me is much much more and too much to list. Have several go bags made up depending on where and how long we are going for. Things like weather and places we are going things get added or subtracted. Have kids so am loaded heavy and prepared as much as I can be.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My absolute bare minimum would be:

Ruger LCP in a pocket holster
    Spare LCP 8-round mag in back pocket
    Emerson CQC7 clipped in front pocket

Like this, minus the Shield...

Top Bottom