• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    I shoot 9's and catch my fair share of cap about shooting a women's caliber, personally I feel like the guys dishing out said crapped are compensating for some of their own short comings, but if you shoot a 40 and feel that they are superior I would like to here your reasons why.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    40 is compensating for a short coming. Namely they ain't manly enough for a 10mm.

I shoot 9mm and think it's just fine.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I don't care what you shoot. I don't want to stand down range of most any caliber.

I do carry a .40, though. Works for me.

A side benefit I didn't count on: I could still by plenty of practice ammo during the last "shortage", and 9mm was no where to be seen.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Personally, I don't care what you shoot. I don't want to stand down range of most any caliber.

I do carry a .40, though. Works for me.

A side benefit I didn't count on: I could still by plenty of practice ammo during the last "shortage", and 9mm was no where to be seen.

My answer to that is have the same platform in multiple calibers!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    With modern ammo technology, there isn't much difference. They both do the same job (when you do your part of putting the bullet where it's supposed to go), but the 9mm has less recoil. That can mean faster follow up shots. Higher capacity by a few rounds and cheaper ammo.

So is one better than the other? Not really. Shoot what you have. If you want a .40, buy one because you want to, not because some small genitalia male says you should.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Daisy Red Ryder could get the job do....
    Never mind......

Reminds me of John Candy with Chevy Chase hijacking the roller coaster with a BB gun....
    Lmao

But I carry 9, mainly because of cost and availability. Honestly haven't shot much 40.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Priority one is being able to land multiple rounds, in rapid succession, where you want them to go.

Priority two is selecting a caliber capable of sufficient penetration, expansion and weight retention to achieve incapacitation while not interfering with priority one.

9mm works just fine.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Wouldn't mind having a .40 again, if only because I have a ton of ammo and components. But it isn't a priority at the moment.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    40 is great as it can be loaded for a heavy slow like a .45, or light and fast like a 9MM.
    9MM is not quite as versatile, but infinitely available.

I personally have only 1911's and they are 45, 45 Super, 10mm and 9MM. Not a 40 in the bunch

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I carry a G23. I have always liked the .40 round. You get high capacity (13+1 in the G23) with great stopping power. That said, I also have 2 1911's; one in 9mm and the other in .45. The .45 is by far the superior round IMO. Like others have said, I really don't think I would care what the caliber was if it was pointed at me. They would all be equally bad. -Jason

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    this conversation will go on as long as we have Chebys and Fords to argue about (its the same argument)
    Just remember the Guberment had to bail out Cheby, Thank Obama for that. Who will they side with ,9mm- 4 tay?

Top Bottom