• ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Hey everyone

Broke College student here. Anyone have any experience with the FEG hi power clones or the Argentine or surplus HI powers? I have a makarov, but the cost and availiblity of ammo is getting worse and I love the Hi power operating system and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these guns? If they are GTG i would love to pick one up and be able to hook into the Hi power system and also 9mm parabellum without having to pay +$1000 for a new made gun

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It's been quite a while, but I've owned a couple of the FEG and several of the FM's. At one time I even had one of the short barrel FM's. I wish I still had a few, all were great. At the time they were around $289 for the regular FM and $319 for the short ones. [STRIKE]IIRC the regular ones are 4" and the short ones were 3.25".[/STRIKE]

Edit: Sig1473 below has it right. The Commander was 4" and the regular one looks like 4.6".

Last edited:

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Sounds good, I think Im going to unload a gun to one of my buddies and order one tommorrow afternoon.

Shame the Classic firearms FEG hi powers sold out now

crazybear29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Nice little gun but rattled quite a bit.

Ditto on that. It wasn't exactly a tack-driver but was reasonably accurate and mine never had any kind of failure in at least 500 rounds. Depending on your model the sights might be tricky to replace though if they are an issue.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    From what I've heard across multiple forums the FEG is good to go. Get one and be happy.

Caveat: I have never had a FEG. All my HiPowers have been Brownings.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    My brother in law has an FEG and loves it. I have been jonsing about getting one for months. I will most likely get one before the end of the year. I think they can easily be re-sold if needed, as they have an overall great reputation and following. Come On, John Browning has been right before.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    FEG Hi-Powers are good to go. Excellent quality for an unlicensed copy of the FN Hi-Power. Nearly all FN/Browning parts will fit. The frame is just a little wider than a Browning but you will not notice it unless you are doing a side by side comparison.

I am talking about the FEG model PJK-9hp, which nearly the exact copy of the Browning. FEG also made a DA/SA model which I believe was the P9R. I assume the quality is as good in these pistols as well.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Another FEG highpower clone owner that was happy with it. Mine was a little funny looking, it had a vent rib the length of the slide. I took the magazine interlock safety out of it and polished the trigger linkage. Really shot nice.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you can't find an FEG to your liking, you can also look for an Arcus.

A Hard Look At The Arcus Pistol

NOT a Clone. It's an unlicensed copy - like the FEG. I think the innards are basically the same, but I don't think the exteriors are. If you intend to carry the gun, pretty sure you'd have to have a custom holster made.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I have an FM it's not pretty since it's used and parkerized but it is accurate and from what I know FM'S are built on machines originally set up by FN and licensed by them. Also it has all parts interchangeable with FN'S and Brownings. It makes a great Truck or knock around gun. Really like it and carry it often. Very reliable.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have three of them now, and think they are great. Well 2 FEGs and 1 Charles Daly. I buy Mec-Gar mags for Browning Hi-powers, and have replaced extractors with Browning Hi-Powers. One day I plan to Buy a New Browning. First thing I will do is replace the hammer and then remove the mag disconnect.
    1009131047_zps57f71adf.jpg

1007132329_zpsbb2d5d42.jpg

1007132337_0001_zps5dae2a3e.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    How about a real Hi Power? There are some on this guy's GB page. Some are rollmarked Browning and some FN.

Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com
    True, but they are always so rough. Metal is pitted sights are awful. I'm sure they function great. Depends on what you are looking for. If it is for self defense, or for something that feels good in the hand at the range....it might be a good option. Well...I guess it probably would fit the OP's bill.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom