• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have heard great things about putting Apex parts into M&P's. I recently installed just the sear but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. From what I hear just the sear makes a huge improvement.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I put the curved trigger with the FSS and competition spring set and HOLY COW awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! Granted I have a lot less in the kit because I bought it direct from Apex at the Indy NRA convention, and they had some great deals at the show.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I put the competition kit(action enhancement kit w/o a trigger) in my CORE that I use for USPSA. I don't know the trigger pull yet, but it is AWESOME. My limited skill with accuracy and a pistol were wiped away with the awesomeness of the new internal parts. I don't know what the trigger 'buys' you...but just doing the internals was worth the 90 bucks I spent(I stuck with internal to keep me legal for USPSA production class). I plan on putting the carry kit in my 9c I carry.

The CORE already had a smoother trigger than the regular M&Ps but damn...it still made a huge difference. I'm glad I spent the money. It made a much better gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My buddy just had an Apex FSS kit installed in his Shield and the trigger is now amazing. I'm saving up to have the same done to my Shield. It's worth every penny!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My buddy just had an Apex FSS kit installed in his Shield and the trigger is now amazing. I'm saving up to have the same done to my Shield. It's worth every penny!

When did they start making a FSS kit for the shield? I don't even see it on Apex's site, just the AEK.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When did they start making a FSS kit for the shield? I don't even see it on Apex's site, just the AEK.

You're right, I don't see it listed on their site. I'll have to ask my buddy, he's the one who said it was the FSS and not the DCAEK.

EDIT: just heard back and it was the DCAEK. My bad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom