• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I picked up a Kel-Tec 9mm Sub2000 carbine. Now I am looking for a used Glock 17 to go with it. Have been looking around and wondering, where have all the used Glock 17's gone? Don't want a new one. Just an old used beater handgun, to see if I will like it.

Seems like a few years ago, the market was awash in used police trade-in Glock 17's. Now, the only ones I can find are new Gen 4's. Am looking for a Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Any ideas INGO?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Gen 1 and 2 are OLD... they're probably done being cycled out of service for newer gens.

Since I am also OLD, I figured it would be a good match. Plus I now have a bunch of mags for the Kel-Tec that will fit the Glock.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Gen 1 and 2 are OLD... they're probably done being cycled out of service for newer gens.

In your dreams.. People just bought them cheap and ratholed them. I imagine a few have bit the dust but for the most part they are lurking.
    Personally I"m sitting on a Gen 2 "c" model upgraded with a Burris FastfireIII (thanks again Allen) that spends the day with me on a regular basis.

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Balarrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Columbus
    If you do Facebook there are a few pages that post them every so often or you can say you're looking for one. Indiana handguns, Indiana guns, and Hoosier second amendment group.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep few and far between. I've been fortunate to snag a few Gen 2 23's but never a 17 or 19. The guys who have them are keeping them. They're probably mostly older and don't need to sell them so they're put away.

I'd settle and get a gen 3 or 4.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I got mine a year ago in Bluffton at a shop there can't remember the shop name, I think it was 21 Century arms or something , and they had several to chose from.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Because used Glock owners only want to knock off $20 from the price of a new one. For a Glock that has "only" had 34,628 rounds fired through it, looks like it's been through a wood chipper and has never once been cleaned and is half full of dead skin and lint. Just buy a new one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You won't likely find a Gen 1, they are rare and are somewhat of a collector's item. If you did find one, you wouldn't get it at a "beater" price. There are Gen 2 pistols out there, but the asking prices that I have seen are not much less than a new Gen 3 or Gen 4. I'd just buy a new one if I were you, if the finger grooves don't bother you.

Top Bottom