• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Had one in matte stainless. LOVED it. It was perfect.

I ended up selling it only because my tastes gravitated towards revolvers vs. the 1911 platform, but truly, it was gorgeous, and shot as well as it looked. I never had a single issue, not one. Fit and finish were amazing... the slide made the coolest snickity-swish sound, kind of like the sound a nylon jacket makes when you're on a brisk walk. And the checkering, wow... you could have a hand full of motor oil, and your grip on the V-Bob wouldn't waver. I shot it during some extremely humid, hot, sweaty conditions, and it stayed exactly where I gripped it.

I don't normally regret selling or trading away any gun for something that fits my tastes better, but the V-Bob may be the one exception.

IMG_0533_zpsj94zws1x.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Totally agree with Hopper. The Vbob is the carry version of the Valor, which is the Dan Wesson flagship 1911. I personally prefer the Duty Coat version, but that is quite a bit more expensive than the stainless. If you go with Duty Coat, be aware that certain solvents can ruin the finish, as I found out on my DW CCO :(

If you're looking for a great 1911, the Vbob or Valor are fantastic options. They offer great fit and finish for what you pay.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Totally agree with Hopper. The Vbob is the carry version of the Valor, which is the Dan Wesson flagship 1911. I personally prefer the Duty Coat version, but that is quite a bit more expensive than the stainless. If you go with Duty Coat, be aware that certain solvents can ruin the finish, as I found out on my DW CCO :(

If you're looking for a great 1911, the Vbob or Valor are fantastic options. They offer great fit and finish for what you pay.[/QUOTE

Which solvents? I am oscillating on the finishes.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dean, I don't know if that picture is recent, but if it is... that duty coating has held up beautifully! My matte stainless finish was a little sensitive, as a matte stainless finish tends to be.

The picture on the brass pile is around a month old, I know the Duty Treat is expensive but I firmly believe it is hands down the best finish on the market. Heck the Duty Treat on the rails is still there that is how tough it is.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    The picture on the brass pile is around a month old, I know the Duty Treat is expensive but I firmly believe it is hands down the best finish on the market. Heck the Duty Treat on the rails is still there that is how tough it is.

That post just cost me a few hundred dollars more than planned.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    DC knows his DWs, and he's sworn more than once on the Duty Finish. It's proprietary to DW, and according to everything I've read on it, it's everything Dean says it is. Sheesh, that picture is certainly proof enough, that an EDC gun finish would hold up so nicely. And goodness, it's *still* on the rails, even?!? Wow.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    DC knows his DWs, and he's sworn more than once on the Duty Finish. It's proprietary to DW, and according to everything I've read on it, it's everything Dean says it is. Sheesh, that picture is certainly proof enough, that an EDC gun finish would hold up so nicely. And goodness, it's *still* on the rails, even?!? Wow.

Here are some pictures to back up my claims as well. Keep in mind the frame shown is from my VBOB with around 1,300 rounds through it more or less.
    FNrbebhh.jpg

xE05nbdh.jpg

X43WocAh.jpg

Notice that there is barley any wear on the rails at all, this **** is tough to say the least and supposedly adds lubricity to the entire thing reducing friction over say a stainless gun.

Here is a photo of my ECO that I have had even longer than my VBOB by about a year and carry about just as much
    1b0RZTgh.jpg

I did manage to wear off some of the finish on the safety though but the frame and slide are doing great. I also give credit to my holster maker for doing a fantastic job molding the holsters to each gun specifically as I am sure a bad holster can mess up the finish on every gun.

If anyone has anymore questions please let me know I am more than happy to help

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

If you're looking for a great 1911, the Vbob or Valor are fantastic options. They offer great fit and finish for what you pay.

Which solvents? I am oscillating on the finishes.

It was Remington gun scrubber or something like that. Had no clue it would damage the finish, but now I have stains all over the slide where the solvent sat for an hour before I cleaned it off. Thankfully, to me, while I hate that it happened, at least it was on a carry gun.

Top Bottom