Noblesville Cabela's used gun salesman is full os S###!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone else has been fed S### A## sales tactics at the Noblesville Cabela's. The price was the price, the book said and that's what there going for online! I don't see how they sell any used guns there. Thanks for looking. Boats

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    And context with a side of coherence....Because Kut's too polite to ask....
    Does it matter, another big bad wolf rant. Why do people go to these stores if they hate them some much: Dicks Sucks, Wal-Mart (ChinaMart) Sucks, the 1500 Sucks, Gander Mountain Sucks, on and on and on.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Last time I was there I waited 20 minutes in line to get up to the counter and then the guy asked me what specifically I wanted to look at.
    I told him I just wanted to look at all of them and he told me I can't do that anymore.
    I had to be specific.
    I and my money left.

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I saw they had a Beretta 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom(Navy) 1 of 1000 for sale. I asked to see the weapon and they brought it from the back room. It was in decent condition and they wanted 669.00. I asked if there was any budge in the price and it was a automatic NO. I asked if they had the blue book showing this price and was told that's how they got the price. He also said there was 7 or 8 online going for that price. I guess I shouldn't have done any kind of research before I went so I was gullible and just bought it. I hope the weapon finds a nice home with another Navy Veteran.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last time I was there I waited 20 minutes in line to get up to the counter and then the guy asked me what specifically I wanted to look at.
    I told him I just wanted to look at all of them and he told me I can't do that anymore.
    I had to be specific.
    I and my money left.

I am very sure the tire kickers and wanna-be's have worn them out.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I just spent some time shooting the **** with two gun counter employees there just 20min ago. Not only did I fondle several rifles, but even a Trijicon RMR I have been looking for. No rudeness or anything most complain of. My mother always said you can catch more bees with honey...hasn't failed me yet. Maybe it's an attitude/approach some have when walking up to the counter. But then again, maybe it's just my natural charm and good looks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cabela's is the worst place to sell or buy used guns. From Thanksgiving til the middle of January they have the gun counter roped off and you have to wait in line foe a salesman. I don't know if they allow browsing then or not. when I go there I look for things that are realy good buys. I seldom buy there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just spent some time shooting the **** with two gun counter employees there just 20min ago. Not only did I fondle several rifles, but even a Trijicon RMR I have been looking for. No rudeness or anything most complain of. My mother always said you can catch more bees with honey...hasn't failed me yet. Maybe it's an attitude/approach some have when walking up to the counter. But then again, maybe it's just my natural charm and good looks.

It also has everything to do with how busy they are. Tire kicker mentioned he had to wait in line to get a salesman. That IMHO is the absolute WORST time to browse at the counter. You are generally not planning on buying anything, and are just tying up the sales guy from helping somebody that actually DOES need help so they can buy. If you want to kick, make sure you go when it is quiet and the sales guys have nothing better to do and will happly let you fondle the goods because it is more fun than standing around waiting for customers to show up.

Cabela's is the worst place to sell or buy used guns. From Thanksgiving til the middle of January they have the gun counter roped off and you have to wait in line foe a salesman. I don't know if they allow browsing then or not. when I go there I look for things that are realy good buys. I seldom buy there.

You are welcome to browse at that time if you bring your opera glasses. You have to stay behind the ropes so seeing any detail is difficult. I refuse to pay their prices personally. I buy other things there, but not guns. I can find them cheaper and Bradis, USDS, etc.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have bought 1 pistol there. They had the best price on a bond back-up so I asked Blythes and they matched it.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Thats why i spend my hard earned money with Bob at Plainfield Shooting, tire kick all you want and best prices around. He always gives me a fair deal on anything i trade with him. Cabelas not much good for anything unless they have ammo on sale.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I am very sure the tire kickers and wanna-be's have worn them out.

Yeah, they've become the catalog showrooms for online gun shops. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Someone would have to be daft to pay their prices.

They're shooting themselves in the foot, though (no pun intended). Small gun shops all over the city offer products that compete with internet prices. How in the world are the major sporting goods chains not able to compete? I'm guessing they can but simply choose not to, making their larger margins instead on people who either don't know any better or have enough discretionary income to not be bothered with traveling farther than the local mall or dealing with private FFL's for online purchases.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yeah, they've become the catalog showrooms for online gun shops. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Someone would have to be daft to pay their prices.

They're shooting themselves in the foot, though (no pun intended). Small gun shops all over the city offer products that compete with internet prices. How in the world are the major sporting goods chains not able to compete? I'm guessing they can but simply choose not to, making their larger margins instead on people who either don't know any better or have enough discretionary income to not be bothered with traveling farther than the local mall or dealing with private FFL's for online purchases.
    Or people that are intimidated by the LGS crowd. You know how they are...:bat:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

One word: Ignorance.

They are technically catering to the same crowd that has made Don's successful. Its close and/or they dont know any better. These are the same people that pay factory techs a premium rate at a big auto dealer instead of going to a locally owned shop like Diamond Collision. They assume the big box store sells stuff for the same as everyone else, and they MUST have a better selection than that little hole in the wall because they are 10x as big. (forgetting 90% of the store is NOT guns)

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Well I looked on gunbroker and the only completed auction for the Navy version sold for $705 plus $25 shipping. Seems like they are in the ballpark for sure.

Im not sure if I understand completely, but I think you are mad they had a price you didn't like and they wouldn't justify their price to you satisfaction?

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    Well I looked on gunbroker and the only completed auction for the Navy version sold for $705 plus $25 shipping. Seems like they are in the ballpark for sure.

Im not sure if I understand completely, but I think you are mad they had a price you didn't like and they wouldn't justify their price to you satisfaction?
    I believe you should be able to negotiate on a used weapon. Just didn't like the take it or leave it feel. I guess it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay.

Top Bottom