• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    So over the last 20 years I have owned probably 12 Glocks, currently down to 4. I have never contacted their customer service till Saturday, due to the no back strap pin rolling under the dish washer, for anything. I had never changed the back strap before, but thought I would give it a try, didn't like it and my pin rolled off the table and under the dish washer. No big deal I thought, I will just call for a replacement pin. I have had great customer service from companies that I have paid way less for their products, like say Benchmade. The email response I got today was a link to buy a new pin, which I'm fine with, for $1. At time of check out, shipping for this $1 pin was $7.49. I promptly closed the website and will just live with the back strap on it. Am I wrong for thinking they should have just sent me a new pin?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They could have put it in a bubble wrap lined envelope and mailed it for a lot less than $7.49.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Sure it would be a great gestures to replace the pin you lost at no charge but the true cost of that pin is not the .50 cents or whatever it costs but the cost of packing up that part and getting that part from Smynrna to Greenwood. What I would of done was taken two screws out, pulled out the dishwasher, retreaved the pin I dropped, pushed back the dishwasher, put the two screws back and be done with it. 10-15 mins tops.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    8.49!!!! $8.49*** In 20yrs of Glock ownership ur gonna whine about $8.49

Whats ur address i'll buy you one.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    They should just send you one. I know how easy that little pin is to lose.

When I bought my Ruger SR22 used it didn't have both grips, I called Ruger, told them I bought it used and they quickly sent one out to me.

Free!!! No charge for the grip or shipping.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Years ago while cleaning my Interarms Walther PPK/s I too lost a part (small spring). I had to order a new spring for $3 and shipping and handling was $8.00, I was not too happy about it, but hey, I lost the spring..................stop by Bradis and pick up a new one. Maybe another INGOER has a replacement.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    8.49!!!! $8.49*** In 20yrs of Glock ownership ur gonna whine about $8.49

Whats ur address i'll buy you one.

Thanks for your offer high roller, but I don't need your charity. It is more of the thousands of dollars worth of patronage over the years and just a simple gesture thing I guess, or at lease not gouge with the shipping. Regular postage is what 48 cents? I called Smith to buy another pinky extension for a 9c, they offered me 6 for free. I declined the other 5, but it was a powerful gesture on their end. With all the great firearm choices today to spend our money on, doesn't it come down to ownership experience and customer service? No whine, just letting others know of the experience. I fully intend to pay for the loss that was my fault, just not directly through Glock.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Shipping and receiving is my job. I use Fed Ex and UPS. The minimum shipping weight for both companies is one pound. I can see $7.49 shipping for one pound from Georgia to Indiana.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Shipping and receiving is my job. I use Fed Ex and UPS. The minimum shipping weight for both companies is one pound. I can see $7.49 shipping for one pound from Georgia to Indiana.

What's wrong with putting the pin in one of those padded envelopes and sending it USPS for 1/3 the cost?

Small Packages / Parcels / Lumpy envelopes 1st class
    These are padded envelopes over 3/4" thick, rigid photo mailers, medical samples, small boxes under 1 cubic foot. If it's not cubic but very rectangular, then girth + length have to be under 108".

1 oz $2.45
    2 ounces $2.45
    3 ounces $2.45 and add 19 cents each additional ounceParcels symbol used on USPS Webpages.
    4 ounces $2.64
    5 ounces $2.83
    6 ounces $3.02
    7 ounces $3.21
    8 ounces $3.40
    9 ounces $3.59
    10 ounces $3.78
    11 ounces $3.97
    12 ounces $4.16
    13 ounces $4.35

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Not ever business has an account with USPS. So that leaves UPS, FedEx or DHL which is considerably more expensive for smaller objects.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    It would have been nice, and I'm sure they could afford it, but it wasn't their fault either.

I contacted RCBS a couple of weeks ago to see if I could order new rubber feet for my tumbler that I have had for 10 years, and the rep just replied back that he had dropped them in the mail for me at no charge. Very nice of them, and much appreciated, but I didn't expect it. The rubber feet had worn away to the point that they just broke off from the base, which I guess is a product failure of sorts, but it was out of warranty (by many years), so I would have been happy to pay for the replacements.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i called redfeld the other day after i lost my scope turret cap (this model only has one cap) ..i was willing to pay 8.49 but they sent me two for free and I only asked for one !!! +1 Redfield....

Top Bottom