Glock 19 Idea I was thinking of doing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So I've been looking at my next Glock. The Glock 30SF fits what I'm looking for. Then I got to wondering: how hard would it be to take a Glock 19 and MAKE a Glock 19SF. ANyone ever seen something like that? A 19 with the grip cut to a 26 size?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I tried one years ago and butchered it something fierce lol. Still have the butt ugly remnants of a frame in my safe to serve as a reminder not to get into a hurry when modifying firearms.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I tried one years ago and butchered it something fierce lol. Still have the butt ugly remnants of a frame in my safe to serve as a reminder not to get into a hurry when modifying firearms.

Or do it only on something like a P320 or P250 Sig where the worst case outcome is $45 worth of parts replaced.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or do it only on something like a P320 or P250 Sig where the worst case outcome is $45 worth of parts replaced.
    No chop mod necessary with the Sig. I purchased a subcompact grip module and dropped the fire control unit from my P320 compact into it. Then assembled it with the compact slide. Now I have the longer slide with the subcompact grip. The subcompact magazines hold 12 rounds too.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    No chop mod necessary with the Sig. I purchased a subcompact grip module and dropped the fire control unit from my P320 compact into it. Then assembled it with the compact slide. Now I have the longer slide with the subcompact grip. The subcompact magazines hold 12 rounds too.

yes, but I wanted a Subcompact Large, which doesn't officially exist. So I chopped mine.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    yes, but I wanted a Subcompact Large, which doesn't officially exist. So I chopped mine.
    You are correct that the subcompact and large are not compatible. The P320 compact model is comparable in size to the G19 so the subcompact frame swap on a P320 compact would be comparable in size to doing a chop job on a G19.

elwood77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    NW Indy
    I did that to salvage a 19 that had a damaged grip. Turned out ok, but I could have made it better looking by taking a little more time. Shoots fine. I usually use the G26 extended (12rd?) mags in it , mostly for the pinky rest. Sorry, no pics handy.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    SF means slim frame, not short frame.
    The G19 Gen 4 has a slimmer frame than the Gen 3 if you leave the back straps off.
    Why short change the G19's 15 round capacity?
    It's an easy gun to conceal.
    Just get a G26

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The G19 Gen 4 has a slimmer frame than the Gen 3 if you leave the back straps off.
    Just get a G26

Is it not a shortened frame as well? I already have a Glock 19 and a Glock 43 and a Glock 17. A Glock 26 is PROBABLY next on the list, but I thought having a "one of a kind" Glock would be fun as heck to have. I like the shortened grip of the 26/43, but I like the longer slide and weight of the the 19. Why not have the best of both worlds? If you came in just to voice your opinion that it's not your cup of tea, great. Go buy your cup of tea and let me have mine.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Just get a G26

Actually, no it does mean short frame. Grip/frame width is not reduced, rather the front to back grip distance is reduced on sf and gen 4 models.

Top Bottom