• ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am considering this gun as it fits my arthritic hand best. Would like to hear from owners both currant and past. I prefer the no thumb safety model. Thanks in advance for you input.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    They're solid little guns - definitely feel better built than most of the other pocket guns I've tried (I'm looking at you, Ruger). Having said that, the triggers are terrible. Ridiculously long and heavy. I understand that's the norm for pocket pistols but Smith took this one to the extreme.

On a personal note I'd recommend you get the version without the built-in laser and save yourself a few $$. Having the button to activate it out front means it's really not all that useful in an emergency situation, and that's assuming you consider having the laser useful in the first place. It's just not easy to activate it quickly.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Thanks, I failed to mention this will be used only when nothing else fits the wardrobe. No I do not want a laser, keep it as simple as possible.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Used my son's Bodyguard for a couple of weeks. Overall nice finish and well put together. Comfortable to shoot and I can put my rounds on target. Safety is a bit too flush to the frame to quickly disengage but I suppose you could just leave the safety off and exercise proper trigger discipline. As noted, the trigger is long and heavy, but smooth enough. I found if I pulled it about 2/3 back to set then the final pull was better. Shot about 60 rounds without any failures. Preferred without the laser as purpose was the ability to conceal and this little shooter will disappear easily. Had a little trouble getting the disassembly pin back in after cleaning but that would come with practice.

For comparison my EDC is a Sig P238 which I really enjoy shooting and am very pleased with. Also have a Keltec P3AT which I use when running/cycling and need something light that I do not care about sweating all over, not pleasant to shoot. The Bodyguard is closer to the Sig than the Keltec quality/shooting wise.

covert justice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Indy
    My bodyguard is my on duty backup weapon. It also finds its way into my pocket in the summer. It is what it is. It is a pocket pistol. Many have long heavy triggers and bad sights but it does what it was designed to do.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I bought the Bodyguard without the laser or manual safety. Shoots well and carries discreetly. It has become my edc.
    I'm unaware of Smith making Bodyguards without thumb safeties. Without lasers, sure. But every one I've seen comes with the thumb safety.

That being said, the thumb safety is flush enough and stiff enough I can't ever see it self-engaging.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Here it is
    SW%20Bodyguard.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    pro's = double action, safety if desired, decent sights for a pocket pistol, comes with two magazines..
    negatives = Ive seen two of these have light strikes occasionally, terribly long trigger pull. My wife has a lcp custom and the trigger feels alot better and shorter. Depends on your flavor!

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    For comparison my EDC is a Sig P238 which I really enjoy shooting and am very pleased with. Also have a Keltec P3AT which I use when running/cycling and need something light that I do not care about sweating all over, not pleasant to shoot. The Bodyguard is closer to the Sig than the Keltec quality/shooting wise.

+1 on the SIG.

attachment.php

Cameramonkey brought his wife's LCP and his Glock to the ProTEQ shoot. I shot both of those and the Kimber Micro 380 and SIG P238 you see in the pic. I have to say that the Sig is superior to all of them.
    It's not cheap. I trolled gunbroker for a few weeks and came in under $500 Shipping, transfer fees and all. My wife is sold on the Hogue rubber grips. She says it feels the best out of all of them. The green fiber optic was new but we got used to it. The thing is ridiculously accurate. It comes with 3 mags. It does have a thumb safety but it's like a mini 1911 and the safety stays where you put it. None of these feel good to me with the standard mags. I prefer to shoot with the extended ones. Try before you buy, if you can.

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    I spent a lot of time researching and shooting different pocket pistols before deciding on the Bodyguard .380 w/o laser. Everyone has mentioned all the Pros except for the main reason I chose it: second strike capability. I know you should rack after a FTF but you never know what's going to happen.

Top Bottom