• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Bought it used 4 years ago. Other than the holster wear on the slide, it was in good shape. All I did was add the extended slide stop and the tube grip.

DHH_0573pw.jpg

When I had my new sights installed at Applied Ballistics, I couldn't stop thinking about a G17 they had on display that they cerakoted in 'burnt bronze' color. Took my slide back in and dropped it off. Picked it up today.

DKK_3904w_zpsujnug1cy.jpg

DKK_3903w_zpsocq6swcb.jpg

DKK_3910w2_zps2l2pdrtd.jpg

DKK_3907w_zpsuodzfecq.jpg

:D :D :D

I also decided to upgrade the tube grip. Found this Limbsaver slip on grip at Gander. Never seen them before. But I really like it. Adds a little circumference with the dimples, but it feels great. Probably get one for my G26.

https://www.limbsaver.com/product/pro-handgun-ar-15-grips/

Range trip tomorrow. ;)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The facelift looks nice and your happy with the color.
    Do you think you have enough mags for it?
    Enjoy!

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That looks great!

Thanks.

Not a fan of the slide color, though it looks nice and your happy. Do you think you have enough mags for it?

Actually, I have a few more. I have a 9mm AR that uses them as well. ;)

Slick facelift, I really like the bronze color! I bet it will look even better with powder blast all around the muzzle!! How do you like those sights?

I like them. More info here;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...can-see-front-sight-post-much-better-now.html

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Not a fan of the slide color, though it looks nice and your happy. Do you think you have enough mags for it?

I try and have at least 7 mags for each of my handguns. 10 for each of my rifles. :shady: (Although, I had many, many more before the boating accident!)

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm glad you like it, nipprdog! Burnt Bronze is one of my favorite colors, and looks even better in person. I'm doing a Ruger Precision Rifle in Magpul FDE now; I hope that that turns out just as well!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Wow does that look nice! Love the color and love Glocks. Should be good for another couple decades.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Now that I see it on my Lap Top, and not my tiny cell phone screen, I am warming to the slide bronze color, I know you cannot have enough mags, I just bought six GLOCK OEM factory mags on line for $70 shipped from a gent in Montana, then two days later found three more under something else in my room, DOH..........I think I can have enough!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm glad you like it, nipprdog! Burnt Bronze is one of my favorite colors, and looks even better in person. I'm doing a Ruger Precision Rifle in Magpul FDE now; I hope that that turns out just as well!

Take some pics of it.

Wow does that look nice! Love the color and love Glocks. Should be good for another couple decades.

Thanks

Thanks

I like it. Why not highlight some of the frame with that color?

Never really thought about it. The grip covers up most of it. Maybe the slide lock and slide stop lever. Trigger pin? :dunno:

Now that I see it on my Lap Top, and not my tiny cell phone screen, I am warming to the slide bronze color, I know you cannot have enough mags, I just bought six GLOCK OEM factory mags on line for $70 shipped from a gent in Montana, then two days later found three more under something else in my room, DOH..........I think I can have enough!

;)

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did you spray paint it or how did you do it?

Cerakote is a ceramic based coating similar to powder coat. It is applied with a HVLP spray gun after the substrate (in this case the Glock slide) is degreased, blasted, and etched. It is then cured in an oven.

Top Bottom