• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I currently have a SIG P226 that i carry everyday. Its a little big to carry with shorts and going around in the summer. What do you guys carry in the summer? oh yea, for conceal carry that is

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    my CZ pcr in a milt rosen summer series iwb. Now it will be my CZ p-01 or my S&W 638 or perhaps my Kel-Tec 380.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I used to carry a Kahr PM9 until I let someone talk me into selling it to them. Now I carry my S&W Airlight TI .38. I need to pick up a good IWB holster for it though.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Although the G19 works most of the time, I'll sometimes carry the Kel-Tec P3AT in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick during t-shirt/shorts weather.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Same way as the rest of the year: Sparks Summer Special IWB under an untucked shirt. That's with a 1911, HiPower, or HK P7.
    Kahr in the pocket.

I guess the change for summer carry is I don't carry the S&W 442 in the Ken Null ANK ankle holster when wearing shorts. I forget why.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I carry what I carry the same way year round.

I wear shorts from late March (or earlier if it goes above 50F) through the end of December.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    By the way ... I knew a kid who carried a full size Para-Ordnance P14.45 in some kind of inside the waistband holster (this was before tuckable holsters), yet he also tucked in his t-shirt (although he pooched it out a bit the way shirts normally do during the day). He was about as skinny as you can get and still have a full complement of functional internal organs, but you could not see that he was carrying a gun.

Whether or not it was comfortable is another story. I have no idea. The point is, if you really want to carry a full size pistol, you can conceal it effectively regardless of how you dress. You may need to be creative, but you can do it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By the way ... I knew a kid who carried a full size Para-Ordnance P14.45 in some kind of inside the waistband holster (this was before tuckable holsters), yet he also tucked in his t-shirt (although he pooched it out a bit the way shirts normally do during the day). He was about as skinny as you can get and still have a full complement of functional internal organs, but you could not see that he was carrying a gun.

Whether or not it was comfortable is another story. I have no idea. The point is, if you really want to carry a full size pistol, you can conceal it effectively regardless of how you dress. You may need to be creative, but you can do it.

I'd like to see (in detail) how people CC. I just cannot do it comfortably in the summertime even with a relatively small gun (like my PF9) IWB. If I don't have cloth between my skin and the holster (like a tucked shirt), I get jabbed and chafed like crazy, and in the summer it's too hot to wear two shirts. I bought a soft suede IWB holster for my PF9 that has a bit that comes up to the edge of the rear of the slide, which helps a little. It at least keeps the metal off my kidney. Then I can wear an untucked t-shirt over that.

At least in cooler weather, I can use a paddle holster and throw a shirt or coat over it, but even then anything larger than my XDsc prints like crazy. I'm a relatively skinny guy (5'9", 170lbs), which doesn't help any.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wear two shirts year round, an under shirt and an "outer" shirt.

I weigh about 450 lbs. If I can tolerate the heat with two shirts, just about anyone can.

Carrying a gun should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable.

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    If I don't have cloth between my skin and the holster (like a tucked shirt), I get jabbed and chafed like crazy, and in the summer it's too hot to wear two shirts.

Take a look at this IWB. It's some what expensive; however I don't have a problem with chafing, jabbing or pinching. I have found it to be really comfortable!!:rockwoot:

Comp-Tac : Products
    Minotaur MTAC Holster

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I carry what I carry the same way year round.

I wear shorts from late March (or earlier if it goes above 50F) through the end of December.

I wear two shirts year round, an under shirt and an "outer" shirt.

I weigh about 450 lbs. If I can tolerate the heat with two shirts, just about anyone can.

Carrying a gun should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable.

Rhino, 2 Great quotes, and I'll add Practice, Practice, Practice with What You Carry. Carry suitable ammunition and my last is Proper Mindset "if you are Not Prepared to Use Deadly Force - Do Not Carry for Self Protection"

It's much, much different blasting a target in the X Ring than actually shooting a living, breathing human. I've lived by the motto, rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 but always have the mind set that there can only be 1 Winner and that should be you.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'd like to see (in detail) how people CC. I just cannot do it comfortably in the summertime even with a relatively small gun (like my PF9) IWB. If I don't have cloth between my skin and the holster (like a tucked shirt), I get jabbed and chafed like crazy, and in the summer it's too hot to wear two shirts.
    When I get a chance I will take some pictures of mine. It's just a basic nylon IWB holster. I carry in the small of the back with no undershirt, and I have no problems with it. I carry it this way year round with pants and a jacket or shorts and a t-shirt. It doesn't print unless I bend over, and I try to do that as gracefully as possible, haha.

Top Bottom