• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grimmis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    New Haven
    AIM Surplus had good products at great prices if your looking to order online. I just built an AR pistol off of an 80% power for $380 buying almost all my parts from them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any reason you want a build kit? Why not a complete upper and then get the rest of the stuff you want? For budget builds, PSA is the way to go:

PSA 11.5" 5.56 NATO 1:7 9"M-Lok Stainless Freedom Upper - Without BCG or CH - 7790523

For something more premium, the sky is the limit. What is your budget?

Going to piggyback on this thread.

Is there anything else to consider when making an AR Pistol? The one you linked, for example... Can a suppressor fit on it? Does the 1:7 twist mean anything with regards to future suppressing?

Is the only other thing required an AR lower? Or are there specifically "AR Pistol" lowers? Will all lowers work?

Thanks, I'm in the same boat as OP

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Going to piggyback on this thread.

Is there anything else to consider when making an AR Pistol? The one you linked, for example... Can a suppressor fit on it? Does the 1:7 twist mean anything with regards to future suppressing?

Is the only other thing required an AR lower? Or are there specifically "AR Pistol" lowers? Will all lowers work?

Thanks, I'm in the same boat as OP

From what I understand, twist rate isn't really a big deal when talking suppressed vs unsuppressed. So the recommendation is the same for all 5.56 ARs: 1:9 is fine for most target rounds, 1:7 if you plan on shooting a heavier round, 1:8 is pretty good at everything.

AR15-Barrel.jpg

As for the suppressor with that specific upper, it should be fine assuming you have the correct threads or mounts, but I have no idea.

As for the lower question, all lowers will technically work, but there is one major consideration. Once a lower is registered as a rifle, it can no longer be converted to a pistol. So you can't take your M&P 15 Sport and convert it to a pistol. A stripped receiver should be transferred as "other" so it can be either a pistol or a rifle. Just remember you can't make a pistol into a rifle and you'll be fine.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Twist rate has to do with stabilizing bullets of a given weight, at a given velocity. Some are better than others for different weight bullets.

For a suppressor to mount, there are also a plethora of mounting options. Direct thread, tri-lug, flash hider/break mounts, etc...

Top Bottom