• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Looking to pick up a Legion 226, just deciding if I want to go with the SA/DA model, or the SAO. Any opinions?

Any LGS have these in stock? Has anyone shot them?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have the SAO and like it but I enjoy a 1911, so I am used to shooting and carrying cocked and locked. It is all what you are used to and what you are comfortable with. I have a P220 compact in SAO also that I carry.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I've shot a DA/SA p229 Legion. The trigger was nice, felt good in the hand, decent sights. It shot a bit low for me, compared to the CZ's I carry. I think you should identify the task you want it to serve. As a range toy, it would be difficult to beat the SAO. As something you may carry or compete with, SA/DA may be a better choice.

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    go with a cz. seriously. I got off the sig train. I had a tacops but it just doesnt shoot as well. legion is just a bunch of expensive clothes imo.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Just picked up a Legion SAO that was ordered for me. Looking to hit the range on Monday to verify the hype. The guys at Acme in Seymour are always great to deal with, and they currently have the DA/SA and SAO in stock as of Friday afternoon.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have the P226 Legion SAO and love it. I've tried the P229 Legion trigger and while it's nice, it's nowhere near as nice as the SAO trigger.

I've shot a DA/SA p229 Legion. The trigger was nice, felt good in the hand, decent sights. It shot a bit low for me, compared to the CZ's I carry. I think you should identify the task you want it to serve. As a range toy, it would be difficult to beat the SAO. As something you may carry or compete with, SA/DA may be a better choice.

Why do you say that? I find the SAO to be similar to a 1911 from a carry standpoint. I've been carrying mine off and on since I got it and have no problem carrying it in condition 1. It has an external safety, so why is that not a good choice, in your opinion? Personally, I never could get used to the first DA shot, nor having the slide lock where I put my thumb, since I use a thumb's high grip. The SAO was a perfect fit for me.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As someone that has carried SIGs for duty for 20 years in some sort. Get the DA/SA. The trigger is pretty darn good for a DA and then the rest on SA is one of the shortest.

While there is nothing wrong with a SAO those are best reserved for 1911, BHP or even optional with the CZ75.

SIG offers the SAO variants off and on but the DA/SA 220 series have been constant for over 30 years. Something to consider with the few different parts you could need for a less popular SAO model. No Guarantees the SIG SAO will be in constant production.

My agency has used DAO Ruger and Beretta for general issue and they can not get certain parts because Ruger and Beretta discontinued offering g them and there are a couple parts different than the standard models with the Beretta and Ruger your just SOL.

JMHO

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    FaIePnm.jpg

As someone who can compare the DA/SA and SAO triggers literally side by side there is no difference. The SA break on my 229 is actually cleaner than the break on the SAO, the resets are the exact same as well which is a good thing because it is almost 1911 like. I like the DA/SA more than the SAO the safety is weird to me on the SAO for some reason.

And to the CZ suggestion, a Legion Sig is every bit as nice as a "Cajunized" CZ and it is straight from the factory, plus something tells me that the price points are very similar as well.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    For the longest time I wanted a higher capacity 1911 (2011) but for the price is just way out of reach for me, I did in the process gave the Sig 226 a try in several different models but I'm just not a DA/SA kind of guy. After seen that Sig was coming out with the 226 Legion I had to get one and was lucky to find one at a grate price, the 226 Legion SAO is in my opinion a fantastic combat handgun with a fantastic factory trigger and combine with a good light and some 20 rdn magazines all I have to say is WOW. for the price and features it was an excellent choice for me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    FaIePnm.jpg

As someone who can compare the DA/SA and SAO triggers literally side by side there is no difference. The SA break on my 229 is actually cleaner than the break on the SAO, the resets are the exact same as well which is a good thing because it is almost 1911 like. I like the DA/SA more than the SAO the safety is weird to me on the SAO for some reason.

And to the CZ suggestion, a Legion Sig is every bit as nice as a "Cajunized" CZ and it is straight from the factory, plus something tells me that the price points are very similar as well.

I want exactly those two. I have the 226 SAO, but need to pick up a 229 Legion. I had picked up a used P229 and had thought to upgrade it over time, but I'm rethinking that plan and may just sell the used Sig and put the money towards another Legion.

For the longest time I wanted a higher capacity 1911 (2011) but for the price is just way out of reach for me, I did in the process gave the Sig 226 a try in several different models but I'm just not a DA/SA kind of guy. After seen that Sig was coming out with the 226 Legion I had to get one and was lucky to find one at a grate price, the 226 Legion SAO is in my opinion a fantastic combat handgun with a fantastic factory trigger and combine with a good light and some 20 rdn magazines all I have to say is WOW. for the price and features it was an excellent choice for me.

:thumbsup:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to get the P220 Legion when the LGS gets one in to go with the 226... The 229s are tempting.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Guess I just realized the Legion's don't come with an Ambi mag release. Is it possible to swap the mag release from one side to another? Looked possible via some YouTube videos, but really wasn't much to work with.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    FaIePnm.jpg

so much to drool over in this picture!

I love my sigs! I own 6 but not one legion(to much for my budget) but I shot a legion on Saturday, and all I can say is wow!, I shot both my m11a1 and his legion, and for the 200 dollar price difference, its worth every penny! sights, trigger, grips, finish, the legion is a work of art!

right now my grail gun would be a 220 sao legion (supposed to be released in the fall), and the only reason its the 220 sao over the 226 sao is I own 4-9mm sigs, and 2-45's(I need to balance the caliber difference), because in every sense, a 220 sao is basically a 1911 (8 rounds, single action, carry cocked and locked), and im really starting to like the flat faced trigger on my guns(my p320 has the apex trigger and I like it)

as much as I think sig makes the best handgun in the world, the legion's are the best handguns sig makes!

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I also fired a 229 Legion this past weekend and was extremely impressed by it. The two attributes that stuck out the most to me were the sights and short reset trigger. With all of that said, I do not plan on purchasing one in the foreseeable future. If I have a hankering to carry a "cocked and locked" 9mm then I would simply carry the CZ75 in the safe. I typically carry a Kimber 4" 1911 (45 acp) with a decent trigger and night sights so I can't justify the cost of a P220 Legion SAO which would essentially accomplish the same task.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I also want the 220 in the Legion but it has yet to be released correct?psyko
    Correct. There is supposed to be the SAO, the DA/SA in regular and carry size. I like the idea of the SAO to match my P226. But a carry size would be nice... So I am torn on which I might want... And don't say what you are thing....

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Correct. There is supposed to be the SAO, the DA/SA in regular and carry size. I like the idea of the SAO to match my P226. But a carry size would be nice... So I am torn on which I might want... And don't say what you are thing....
    I think the correct answer sir is both:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:psyko

Top Bottom