• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    So I just picked up a sig p220. And was gonna use it for a carry for a little bit. Until I can find somethingn else. But can't figure out which brand is a good holster. Where I'm at they don't have any inside the waist band holsters for it. Any thoughts???

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    NSR Tactical, Raven Concealment and Stealth Gear USA are just a couple of really good holster outfits.

Thing is, holsters are not one size fits all. You will go through at least 3 or 4 holsters before you find "the one".

Sorry :)

South Bender

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    South Bend
    For Kydex, I'd recommend Clinger Holsters. I'm waiting on my second one to arrive, pretty happy with the first. I never had any trouble with Alien Gear, and you can swap shells for free.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I've been very pleased with Vedder Holsters. Quality product and excellent customer service.

However, "best holster" is like "best shoe." There are many brands for many purposes. You just have to find what fits you and your needs best.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You can guess the age of a shooter by how big his old holster box is. I am not kidding. I have a couple cowhides in totes. I don't know what animal kydex comes from.....But at least one has sacrificed it's life for me too...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Clinger or F3 make good holsters for the money, no doubt. The P220 is a heavier gun, and I've had real good luck carrying it (or a P226) in a Blade Tech IWB holster. Remember a belt is an important part of the set up, too, and the heavier the gun the more it plays into the equation. If you have the coin, the Red Nichols triple curve belt is well worth the money. On the cheaper end, Daltech works well for a heavy gun.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If you're willing to invest in something that will outlast you, provide excellent concealment, and do all that with great comfort, I'd recommend a horsehide Kramer IWB (I'm the happy owner of their IWB#2).
    Kramer_Holster_front_zpsutcwk7ew.jpg

Kramer_Holster_rear_zpscoucxowr.jpg

Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_horizontal_zps7oqwovhk.jpg

It'll set you back right at the $150 range and takes about six to eight weeks to come in because they make them one at a time for a perfect fit, but this holster convinced me that a major reason why so many folks believe they can't comfortably carry full size sidearms is because they used a crappy carry rig.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I find IWB is more comfy for heavy guns. Keeping it close to the body and using the body surface friction to help keep it up helps ease any fatigue on the opposite side from the belt. (get a good belt too)

I found the SuperTuck is the most comfy out there. More expensive than Aliengear, but I know firsthand quality is MUCH higher. (I sent the aliengear back due to shoddy workmanship)

Good luck!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you're willing to invest in something that will outlast you, provide excellent concealment, and do all that with great comfort, I'd recommend a horsehide Kramer IWB (I'm the happy owner of their IWB#2).
    Kramer_Holster_front_zpsutcwk7ew.jpg

Kramer_Holster_rear_zpscoucxowr.jpg

Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_horizontal_zps7oqwovhk.jpg

It'll set you back right at the $150 range and takes about six to eight weeks to come in because they make them one at a time for a perfect fit, but this holster convinced me that a major reason why so many folks believe they can't comfortably carry full size sidearms is because they used a crappy carry rig.

Kramer Gun Leather is my go to manufacturer for any platform I'm going to commit to. My preference is the OWB scabbard in horsehide, but no matter what you tend to like, Kramer is a good choice in holster makers. They offer both cowhide and horsehide, but definitely go with the horsehide. It's worth every penny extra. Right now, I'm waiting on a new belt and scabbard from them fro my CZ P01. They were ordered at the end of May and should be here before September. Can't wait.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Can't go wrong with a cheap fobus imo.
    I used to buy Fobus until I found out what a really good holster feels like. I can't carry in a Fobus for any length of time now that I know a holster does not have to feel bad while carrying. The Fobus mag holster was some of the worst money I've spent. It's simply painful to use.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have used Karmer horsehide as long as they have made them. Have two for the 1911 that are older than my youngest child. I used theOWB tell the IWB came out, never looked back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You can guess the age of a shooter by how big his old holster box is. I am not kidding. I have a couple cowhides in totes. I don't know what animal kydex comes from.....But at least one has sacrificed it's life for me too...

I believe Kydex traces it's lineage from the hide of the nauga. Must be a product of hybridization.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I was on e-bay over the weekend, and if memory serves me, there was a Milt Sparks Versa Max II for a Sig P220. That's about as good as it gets for an IWB holster. Don't cheap out on a holster and belt with such a fine shooting iron! You won't regret buying a quality holster and a quality belt!

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'm a big fan of Klinger holsters and, more recently, Black Arch (formerly SHTF) holsters. The Black Arch holsters offer a lot of quality and a proper wing span for what you pay for them. You can usually get a holster within a week.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I have always used Galco leather, and loved them but I also carry owb. Which ever holster you pick, don't underestimate the need of a good belt. It made a world of difference to my carry experience!

Top Bottom