• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I know it isnt real, but thats not the point. It would be an excellent firearm. Even if dare i say it.. A polymer frame! Imagine a world where glock reliability is placed in a package as classic as a 1911. Ive seen the fake photoshopped versions and may i say its a little to tacticool for me but its a very handsome firearm. Perhaps its possible .. To reach.. Glock Perfection

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Hah you got it. I have not heard of this glocknade phenomenon but a quick google search provided info suggesting it was a problem with over powered hand loads in 40 s@w. An over powered handload will blow up a 1911 too or any other firearm I assume

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    s3hxug.jpg

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Also I guess this thread brings on the debate question... which is more reliable glock or a well manufactured 1911? Let the battle begin lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've owned 8 Glocks, with 3 still being with me and maybe a dozen 1911s, most of which are still here. My 1911s have ranged from an RIA at the low end up to an Ed Brown at the high end. I love both platforms, but the 1911s have consistently been more reliable than the Glocks. Most of the Glock issues were during break in and once they were run a bit, the issues disappeared and issues I've had with the 1911s tend to either be mag related or, with the small RIA Compact, had to do with tired springs. That RIA had a 400 round spring life when running Wolff recoil springs and 400 rounds is one good range trip. The gun would start to malfunction occasionally at around the 500 to 550 round point until a fresh recoil spring was installed.

Glock issues were with a 19 that would not run a complete mag without a failure until it got north of 150 rounds. It was fine after that except for ejecting brass into my face. My G29 did not drop mags free and sometimes would not reset the trigger. My Glock 40s were perfect from day one, and the G23 that's still in the collection will be here forever. My G20 would occasionally stovepipe a round, but only like 1 out of 100. I do not have that issue with my 1911s that frequently, but it does happen once in a while. My G21sf and G30sf have both been fine with the exception of the brass to the face issue, but not as bad as the G19s were. The G21 will eventually find a new home since the G30 makes it kind of redundant. The G30sf is a keeper though.

My Glocks tend to be a bit more forgiving of crap reloads though. The 1911s seem to require a bit more mag maintenance and general pistol maintenance over all, where as the Glocks just seem to work fine no matter how dirty they get. The 1911s don't fail when dirty, but lack of mag cleaning will put a marginal magazine over the top if not wiped down once in a while.

Overall, in my opinion, a decent 1911 will run just fine along side Glocks but a good quality 1911 with good mags will outperform your basic box stock Glock. The Glock will run, but you'll come away with brass dings on your shooting glasses and Glock knuckle. With the 1911s, you'll come away with nothing but a big smile.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've owned 8 Glocks, with 3 still being with me and maybe a dozen 1911s, most of which are still here. My 1911s have ranged from an RIA at the low end up to an Ed Brown at the high end. I love both platforms, but the 1911s have consistently been more reliable than the Glocks. Most of the Glock issues were during break in and once they were run a bit, the issues disappeared and issues I've had with the 1911s tend to either be mag related or, with the small RIA Compact, had to do with tired springs. That RIA had a 400 round spring life when running Wolff recoil springs and 400 rounds is one good range trip. The gun would start to malfunction occasionally at around the 500 to 550 round point until a fresh recoil spring was installed.

Glock issues were with a 19 that would not run a complete mag without a failure until it got north of 150 rounds. It was fine after that except for ejecting brass into my face. My G29 did not drop mags free and sometimes would not reset the trigger. My Glock 40s were perfect from day one, and the G23 that's still in the collection will be here forever. My G20 would occasionally stovepipe a round, but only like 1 out of 100. I do not have that issue with my 1911s that frequently, but it does happen once in a while. My G21sf and G30sf have both been fine with the exception of the brass to the face issue, but not as bad as the G19s were. The G21 will eventually find a new home since the G30 makes it kind of redundant. The G30sf is a keeper though.

My Glocks tend to be a bit more forgiving of crap reloads though. The 1911s seem to require a bit more mag maintenance and general pistol maintenance over all, where as the Glocks just seem to work fine no matter how dirty they get. The 1911s don't fail when dirty, but lack of mag cleaning will put a marginal magazine over the top if not wiped down once in a while.

Overall, in my opinion, a decent 1911 will run just fine along side Glocks but a good quality 1911 with good mags will outperform your basic box stock Glock. The Glock will run, but you'll come away with brass dings on your shooting glasses and Glock knuckle. With the 1911s, you'll come away with nothing but a big smile.

So in your opinion, what's a good decent reliable 1911 that's in the $1500 range?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom