• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Look, I have a Ruger 9E and I am pretty happy but I would like to get myself the best handgun, full sized, I can find. I don't really like Glocks, they feel wrong in my hand and I have tried them before, even owned them, even the newest ones (though only held them in the LGS and not fired) and I just don't like the way they feel in my hands. That said I will surely be told to buy a Glock by people. I won't but you can say it is so, for you without repercussion from me.

I sort of think I want one of the Sig-Sauers that are higher end. Nothing decided yet. I want to hear what make/model and why so I can get things rolling. I am selling off the bulk of my collection so I can have a few calibers rather than every caliber I have ever heard of, just too tired and want to get back to basics for all sorts of reasons. Not wanting to have to keep a lot of ammo of different calibers for one, tired of reloading all the calibers. I just want to round it off the the keepers, at least for me so please make your opinions known.

Thanks INGO! :ingo:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'll give a vote for a CZ 75B. I have one in matte stainless that's been cajonized by The Wizard (llh1956). This, and a S&W NM 66 Combat Magnum, are my two absolute favorite guns.

I hear what you're saying about Glocks. I like them OK enough, but they never felt quite right, or pointed naturally for me. The CZ does both. Definitely worth a look and consideration, IMHO.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I'll confess that I like the feel of my M&P 9. But nothing feels the same as a Baretta 92 in my hand. I prefer a gun with a safety too, so that's another plus for me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You really need to shoot the different guns.

I love my MP9 and my Beretta. I'm with you on the Glock. I can shoot it well, but it just never feels right.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've had a Glock since '89, and I will always have a few of them. Like you, I wanted something nicer. I occasionally help out at Beech Grove Firearms, and I've had the opportunity to handle most all modern pistols. The HK P30 is the most comfortable gun I've ever held. The P30L is pretty much the same size as a Glock 17. The P30, about the same size as a 19. The grip and magazines are the same size on both, 15+1.
    There are numerous variations of either. The ones below, are both SA/DA with decocker. The P30 has a safety, the "L" does not.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My favorite is the Ruger SR-9. I've never shot a Sig 9mm but I like the p220.

I've shot our preacher's CZ-75. Very sweet.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I do know the best way is to shoot them and I think that will be doable though I am looking to make it easier. I have shot a P226, old West Germany made. Have fired a Sig 320 and really liked it. In fact I like the M&P's too but have had some bad experiences with the XD line that tend to give me pause. I have big hands so that can be a problem too. Thanks for these and keep them coming. :yesway:

I do like my Ruger 9E so maybe I won't buy another gun. lol

Top Bottom