• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I couldn't get past the running towards the threat and unloading a full mag. We do in stress situations how we train.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm neutral about Aaron Cowan. Sometimes he has good points; other times, well, not so much. But are we really evaluating this information based upon the footwear choice of the person delivering it?

"Obviously this guy has no idea what he's talking about because he's not wearing Merrells. Those probably aren't even 5:11 pants either. And how about that DC Shoes hat? Not even a spot for a morale patch." Next time I'm in a gunfight, I'll be sure to consult the tactical fashion police before I fire back.

Train as you fight. If you wear chucks to dinner, wear chucks to the range. Wear Berkinstocks to the farmer's market? Wear them to the range.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I shoot in wellingtons, Mucks, or flip flops.....Apparently I am going to die in a hail of gunfire.....In other words...I agree with what woobie the wookie said.....

We haven't met, yet. How did you know I was so hairy? I keep a set of Wahl clippers charging at all times just to keep up.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm neutral about Aaron Cowan. Sometimes he has good points; other times, well, not so much. But are we really evaluating this information based upon the footwear choice of the person delivering it?

"Obviously this guy has no idea what he's talking about because he's not wearing Merrells. Those probably aren't even 5:11 pants either. And how about that DC Shoes hat? Not even a spot for a morale patch." Next time I'm in a gunfight, I'll be sure to consult the tactical fashion police before I fire back.

Train as you fight. If you wear chucks to dinner, wear chucks to the range. Wear Berkinstocks to the farmer's market? Wear them to the range.

Well I was just having fun, but hey, whatever. I guess we are not free to like who we want based on how they present themselves. So noted.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well I was just having fun, but hey, whatever. I guess we are not free to like who we want based on how they present themselves. So noted.

I missed the sarcasm, so that's my fault. And you're free to judge as you see fit. I would never want to take that from you. We're all free to make our own estimations based on whatever criteria we see fit. And we're free to disagree with others' criteria.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I watched the 3 videos posted on INGO and I have to say, he reminds me somewhat of Paul Gomez and his videos (still on YT). The grip and stance videos were similar in my opinion. Maybe not so much with his sight picture video. He explains why he has chosen the method he adopted and teaches. And then explains the strength and weaknesses of that method. With practicality in mind.

I never had the opportunity to train with Paul before he passed away, but I really wish I had. I heard so many great things about him. For me, Paul's method of instruction seemed to be very effective. I learned some very useful information just off the few short videos Paul made.

It would be nice to find an instructor who teaches in the same fashion. I might watch some more videos now to see if Aaron might be that person.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I missed the sarcasm, so that's my fault. And you're free to judge as you see fit. I would never want to take that from you. We're all free to make our own estimations based on whatever criteria we see fit. And we're free to disagree with others' criteria.

No, you weren't totally off base. I wasn't be sarcastic per se. I actually don't care for grown men who wear shoes like that. It makes me think hipster. Or in this case tactical hipster. Sorta like when I see James Yeager I think white trash. What I think only has to matter to me though, and it may not even be an accurate assessment. I actually know a gun guy (Gabe White) who wears shoes like that who I have tremendous respect for, but I didn't know he wore those shoes till after I already knew more about him.

But seriously though, my computer at work doesn't have any speakers, so between the shoes and the fact I couldn't hear a word he was saying, I thought it was pretty pointless to continue. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    he said: "add nayzeum".

Flipped it off after that. From what I saw, he didn't have much in the way of footwork anyway. He would have looked better with a lot of blood on him and his hair on fire.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No, you weren't totally off base. I wasn't be sarcastic per se. I actually don't care for grown men who wear shoes like that. It makes me think hipster. Or in this case tactical hipster. Sorta like when I see James Yeager I think white trash. What I think only has to matter to me though, and it may not even be an accurate assessment. I actually know a gun guy (Gabe White) who wears shoes like that who I have tremendous respect for, but I didn't know he wore those shoes till after I already knew more about him.

But seriously though, my computer at work doesn't have any speakers, so between the shoes and the fact I couldn't hear a word he was saying, I thought it was pretty pointless to continue. :)

I posted that while I was on break at work and in a foul mood. Shouldn't do that. Yeah, without sound it wouldn't be worth watching. And as Alpo pointed out, the "ad nayzeum" thing, combined with a steady stream of tactical lingo made it hard to listen to. But he has a point about working with, instead of against, the body's natural posture.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I thought it was a good video. :dunno:

OK, I watched it. Just for you. It was decent. He seemed to take the long way around a lot of things to make a small point, but that is just how some people like to do things. Can't say I agree with him about only doing what comes "natural". It isn't natural to drive cars, fly, or shot guns, yet we learn how to do these things. I get that he is just trying to make the point that we don't have to over do our stance. Another thing I didn't care for was when he ran the plate rack standing on one leg and says, "look, that less than ideal stance didn't affect my ability to run the rack". Really? So you are telling me that you can run it just as fast standing on one leg as you can on two? I did agree with him about bending a leg instead of straight up turreting. All in all, I have seen much worse.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's good to be able to shoot well regardless of your "stance." A stance your body naturally likes and works well for shooting is a luxury. Use it if you have the option, but be able to deliver regardless of how you are standing, moving, or not standing.

It's kind of like natural point of aim. That's an awesome concept and tool to use to enhance accuracy when you have the time and luxury of aligning everything properly and you have a single target that is not moving. When you don't have those things . . . you still have to be able to shoot accurately.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I couldn't watch all the dude's videos, because of the beginning of the first with what I consider many flaws, i.e. emptying a handgun into a target at close range. So what are his credentials?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I couldn't watch all the dude's videos, because of the beginning of the first with what I consider many flaws, i.e. emptying a handgun into a target at close range. So what are his credentials?

Not sure of his credentials. Help me out though, I am not tracking with what you are saying about emptying the gun at close range.

Top Bottom