• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Hey everybody I'm stuck on two guns. The glock 19 and the sig 320 compact. Two great guns but my question which one is better. I've held them both which felt good in the hand. I've shot the glock 19 and did well with it. I like to shoot the sig but there is no where around me that carries it. So I can't rent it and shoot the sig to see if I like it. So I'm asking ingo members to see what your all opinions are on them both?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Good luck with that decision. The only thing that gives me pause on the Sig is not much of a track record yet. I am thinking about picking one up anyway and giving it a good workout.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Love my 320 carry. IMO way better trigger than the 19 and even better with the Apex flat trigger. Glocks grip angle doesnt point very natural to me. 320 is very natural feeling and shoots a nice tight baseball sized group at 10 yds with quick fire. Imo the best full/mid size striker pistol. Plus the modularity of grip size changes etc makes it even better. And the whole trigger group drops out for cleaning. But all of this is just personal opinion.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    After seeing MAC's video on a Sig, I would choose anything over that manufacturer.

And as always, it's Glock>M&P>1911>everything else.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a G19 and a P320 compact that i've had for awhile now. I like both but the edge for me goes to the P320. I can personally shoot it better and I thinks it's inherently more accurate than my G19. I think it's a well thought out pistol, it's ambi, has a magwell cutout and bevelled base plates for easy withdrawal of a stuck mag, i like FCS and the 320 has them etc. I really like the grip modularity between small, medium, and large grips, with glock you get one size and can only make it larger. It's not related to function but if you want different colored frames for whatever reason you can order them for 40.00 and not have to buy a new gun or have your frame cerakoted like glock. Want your frame stippled? You can ship off your frame shell and not have to worry about the next day air nonsense. I've shot it with junk ball to good HP's and so far it's worked great. With one trigger pack you can go from a full-size kit to a sub-compact if you desire.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    After seeing MAC's video on a Sig, I would choose anything over that manufacturer.

And as always, it's Glock>M&P>1911>everything else.

Good to see opinions based on first hand experience and the scientific sampling size of 1 gun. And that flowchart at the end was a knee slapper.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've only handled the sig in a gun shop - let alone shoot one. I did have a few hundred rounds through a 250 SC and FS - and they're QUITE similar. I wasn't a fan of their tall slide profile - but the 320 may be a tad shorter IIRC.

But for ME - the availability of spare parts is a decent concern to have if this is going to be a carry gun. Can I easily source and afford 10 more mags? What about other spare parts? Aftermarket support? Holsters?

I'm sure the 320 is a fine-running firearm but if I were buying it to be a carry gun and not just a range toy, I'd go with the G19 of the two. (For the record, M&P gets my nod almost every time)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Between the two, I know I would personally be much happier with the Sig. My real choice isn't on the table, but if I couldn't have it, I wouldn't feel like the Sig would be too much of a downgrade.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a G19 and G17 and also the P320 in compact and subcompact. I prefer the Sigs. I like the feel of the grip better. The grip angle is better for me as it has a more natural point of aim for me. YMMV. I have never had a malfunction with any of the 4.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I've shot both and it's a no brainer for me, trigger on the Sig or grip angle doesn't suit me at all. Accuracy, either is more accurate than 99% of the people that own them. The one that points naturally and feels the best in your hand will probably serve you best.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if I might add my 2 cents, I own both a p320c(compact) and a glock 19c(compensated) I bought the glock first, carried it, modified it, bought holsters for it, caressed it, and made it my very own!

I bought a sig p320, put an apex trigger in it, shot it, went home and unloaded the glock and put it in the back of my gun safe to live out the rest of its days in shame!

the sig 320 is what the glock will be when it grows out of its "gangly awkward teenage years!"

Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    From what I'm seeing is that the sig is pretty well a good choice from what I'm reading. I guess I'll have to find one around where I'm at and take it to the range. Thanks everybody for the opinions

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hey everybody I'm stuck on two guns. The glock 19 and the sig 320 compact. Two great guns but my question which one is better.

Neither is better categorically. They both have potential quirks (Glock sometimes likes to chuck brass in your face, Sig isn't completely drop safe although it is at "normal" drop heights), ergonomics are different, etc. Glock still has more aftermarket support, Sig has the ability to change out frames for different sizes pretty easily and cheaply. Choose the one you like the grip, trigger, and control lay out of and go for it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Glock mags are cheaper and plentiful. Glock mags are very tough.
    Glock holster choices are matched only by 1911.
    Night sights for Glock are plentiful and varied.
    Used Glocks are almost cheap. You can get Gen 2 Glock 19s under $400 and Gen 3s not much over that if you are patient.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good to see opinions based on first hand experience and the scientific sampling size of 1 gun. And that flowchart at the end was a knee slapper.

My first hand scientific experience shows that a Glock is more reliable than M&P.

Everything else I got is what I read on INGO and heard from others that are more knowledgable than I am.

Top Bottom