• ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    UPDATES.........UPDATES........UPDATES...,
    Please check out my new threads 38 , 41, 43 and 64.
    I enjoy your comments and views!
    JT

Glock 43,
    Very nice small compact, not to little, not to big.
    9mm. seven rds.
    I have shot my 43 800 flawless rounds .
    Some say a G43 shoots like a target pistol at close range. My friend Jim R. shot 25 rds with his G43 at 30ft all into a 3 inch circle.
    Perfect ccw...no. I carry an extra mag.
    Hint, don't go to places where you know the bad guys are there.
    What do you fellow shooters think?
    JT

Please see post number 41 for updates. JT

Hey guys and gals,
    Thanks for all the views AND RESPONSES!

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I feel the shield does the same thing at a better price point. Plus the shield has metal sights and holds one more round in each mag.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I feel the shield does the same thing at a better price point. Plus the shield has metal sights and holds one more round in each mag.

I'll give you the better price point. But, I don't care about the metal sights, because I would switch them out anyway. The extra round, meh, I can reload a handgun.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Besides, the Glock 43 is more of a BUG, not a primary. And it's great for those times when a Glock 26 isn't concealable enough.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I like the G43 but Id probably go with a 26 personally. Granted the 43 may be a bit more concealable, I carry small of the back so I don't have trouble concealing my 19 either. With that said I do like the overall feel of the 43, but haven't shot one to know how it handles.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been very pleased with mine. I waited every bit of 15 years for Glock to make the 43 and I haven't been disappointed by any aspect of it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    G43 owner here. Talo edition with Ameriglo sights. Very nice trigger on the one I received. No other mod necessary. I like it.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I sold my G26 when the Talo G43 came out and bought one. I was never able to shoot it as well as my 26 or my 19. If I really concentrated I could produce acceptable groups at close distance which is what the gun is for. For some reason with the fatter G26 I am able to produce exceptional groups. Sold the G43 and now am a proud owner of a new Gen 3 26 again.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So what does it do better than the Shield to outweigh the Shield's advantages?

For pocket carry, it's slight size advantage. For any other method I'd prefer the Shield. I've shot both, the Shield is easier for me to grip and recover from recoil. The G43 is perfectly serviceable, though, particularly the newer ones with the better trigger then the first iteration.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I sold my G26 when the Talo G43 came out and bought one. I was never able to shoot it as well as my 26 or my 19. If I really concentrated I could produce acceptable groups at close distance which is what the gun is for. For some reason with the fatter G26 I am able to produce exceptional groups. Sold the G43 and now am a proud owner of a new Gen 3 26 again.
    Sounds like a good move. I shoot my G42 very well but as I move up the power ladder I would rather have my SR9C for 9mm and my S&W 13-2 for 357. I think it best to use the right tool for the situation.
    Happy labor day everyone.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Reliability: With a G42, same size but in a .380, I have limp wristed it and gotten FTF's. That's about the only negative with it, and if I use self defense ammo that isn't going to happen. The FTF has never happened to me with any other Glock, and also never happened to me with the Shield. It has happened with another teeny-tiny gun, which also is fixed with self defense ammo (Kahr CW380). How is the 43 for this?

Recoil: The recoil on the Shield 9mm vs. the G42 vs. a Kahr CW380 is all about the same, which makes me suspect that the recoil on the G43 is going to be stronger than with the Shield 9mm, but I've never shot a G43 so I don't know. The XDs .45 recoil is not much worse than the .380/9mm above, and then you're carrying .45. Could get it in a 9mm but I've never shot it. The original LC9 was way too snappy, it was basically unusable for me.

Feel: Love how a Glock points. Just love it. Not as good as how the CZ75B points, I must admit, but they're two different animals. I shoot better with the fatter grip on the G26, too, but good enough with the G42. I don't like how the Shield points. It's just different, and not in a way that I like. It's too tall. It's still a great gun, just different. I feel better shooting the XDs than the Shield. The XDs is heavy and has that rough grip. Dislike that part. Glock feels better.

Concealability: The G42 is easier to conceal than the Shield, for me, but it doesn't just disappear, I still have to dress around it a little. For disappearing under a t-shirt, or in a dress, teeny tiny is needed. Both of them are far easier than the G26 to conceal, for me. The rough grip and extra weight on the XDs...dislike for concealing.

Rounds/caliber: More = better. 6 rounds in the 43/42, 5 rounds in an XDs .45, more in an XDs 9mm, I'd kind of rather have the .45 if I have to carry an extra mag anyway. Hard to argue with .45. The .45 is a lot heavier, though. A lot. The XDs 9mm is heavier enough for me to feel it.

Conclusion: I want a polymer CZ75B that's the size of a Kahr CW380, has no external safety, and holds 15 rounds. Therefore, the G43 could be better, theoretically, but technically since this does not exist (does it? does something close to this exist? if so I must touch...) it does not get better, except for myself I prefer the softer recoil on the G42 (I have heard, but not experienced).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So what does it do better than the Shield to outweigh the Shield's advantages?

Granted, I have never shot a shield. But have owned a M&P 9c, which had all kinds of problems.

I only own Glocks, so that's what I carry. For me, the G43 is better than the shield for that reason. Glock familiarity.

Since I own a Glock 26, it's not worth it for me to buy a shield. 10 rounds, plus I can use a G19 or even a G17 magazine for a spare.

Top Bottom