• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While you are standing around whistling, Argentine gun owners are buying Beretta's striker-fired APX, a likely contender in Big Army's MHS program.

BREAKING: Beretta APX Striker-Fired Pistol Reaches The Civilian Market... In Argentina! - The Firearm Blog

20160906_175853-e1474446241956-660x470.jpg

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have a soft spot for Beretta, and though this thing looks weird I want one if it would ever come to market.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks an awful lot like a TP9, but uglier.

Snooze, I keep waiting for a new gun to come out that blows me down. But for the last few years It's been oh look another Glock copy. Pass.

Well OK, the M9A3 was kinda cool and I do want an MKE MP5 clone from Zenith. But one of those isn't new and the other is just an an overdue update to an existing design.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hmm I wonder if the guy with it is a cop or a citizen. They sell guns but the restrictions on having them is crazy, and importing them is unreal, literally double the price most of the time. I remember shotguns being 5k+ a piece for a $2k gun.

All the same I am interested to see more about the new pistol. I am guessing it'll have some fans.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hmm I wonder if the guy with it is a cop or a citizen. They sell guns but the restrictions on having them is crazy, and importing them is unreal, literally double the price most of the time. I remember shotguns being 5k+ a piece for a $2k gun.

All the same I am interested to see more about the new pistol. I am guessing it'll have some fans.

Is this so?

I will have to ask my friend in Argentina. He posts photos of all kinds of things (incl. stuff we cannot get).

The ranch he recommended to me had a semi-circular "gun room" that looked like the ranch bought out a Gander Mountain and Bass Pro combined.

Edit: Ok, asked him on Facebook. Will report back.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I actually forgot this gun existed. I wonder which gun company that has not introduced a striker fire pistol is going to introduce a striker fire pistol next? CZ? IWI? Colt?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Is this so?

I will have to ask my friend in Argentina. He posts photos of all kinds of things (incl. stuff we cannot get).

The ranch he recommended to me had a semi-circular "gun room" that looked like the ranch bought out a Gander Mountain and Bass Pro combined.

I would be interested to find out if you can! I am no expert but I lived and worked there last year and dealt with guns the whole time, but all of my information came from those I was working with whom may have not been well informed.

This is what I know:
    One guy I worked with wanted to get a pistol but was telling me about what all he would have to go through to get it, and then how he couldn't carry it. I worked with a hunting lodge, and the owner (whom I understand was well informed) said that each of them was allowed to own 2 guns. He was planning on sending guys to the US to buy shotguns from a client and fly them back because even with the price of a Benelli and a plane ticket it would be half the price of buying them after they were imported. But the market there is also super cornered. As far as shotgun shells go I know that the country controls the supply via gun powder and all. There are only so many places it's manufactured and nothing in imported.

The place I worked at also had night time security which was armed. I talked with the security guards frequently, and they told me they would not be allowed to carry their weapons if they weren't on the private property of the lodge.

Ask him and let me know Kirk I would love to know more, especially from a super knowledgable source!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is this so?

It's kind of tough but if you have money it's doable....The wife brings me back gun magazines whenever she goes to visit madre....The magazines are geared toward folks with money....

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's kind of tough but if you have money it's doable....The wife brings me back gun magazines whenever she goes to visit madre....The magazines are geared toward folks with money....

I forgot you are married to a woman from there... This is what I understood too basically. Those at least that do have it are rich, but it's far out of reach for most. Can you still have them like we do here though if you are rich or are there lots of restrictions. From talking to people from many countries in Central and South America it seems to always just come down to how much money you have... Which is where we will be if many have their way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, sent e-mails to my Argentine friends (for iuducky--Mendoza and Germania). They are on the higher end of the SES, so while their perspective may be biased, I shall report what they say.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am back after a weekend of fun. Lots of shooting, new guns, friends, bicycling, beer and fun.

Now, let's answer the important questions.:D Any errors are due to my mediocre Spanish.

There is a national/federal firearms license called the CLU (credtenial of legitimate user). It is $350 (USD). It comes with a medical exam, pysch eval, police background check, and certificate of "lawful means of life" and a shooting test. My friend in Germania is an instructor and advises that the test is completely subjective, but he as a grad of several U.S. shooting schools goes the extra mile.

The license comes in two flavors:

1) "Civil Use"--handguns and rifles in .22lr and shotguns for hunting.

2) "Conditional Civil Use"--handguns in .25acp and up, revolvers in .32 and up, manual rifles and self-loading shotguns.

An autoloading centerfire rifle with detachable magazine (SIG 542 or AR-15) requires a "special decree". I am uncertain if this is from the police, federal government, a judge or what. From context I believe this is from the feds (Defense Department).

The APX in Argentina is retailing for 2,100 pesos, or $1,400 (USD).

A carry license is "show cause" and is from the feds (ANMAC, Ministry of Defense).

download.php

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am back after a weekend of fun. Lots of shooting, new guns, friends, bicycling, beer and fun.

Now, let's answer the important questions.:D Any errors are due to my mediocre Spanish.

There is a national/federal firearms license called the CLU (credtenial of legitimate user). It is $350 (USD). It comes with a medical exam, pysch eval, police background check, and certificate of "lawful means of life" and a shooting test. My friend in Germania is an instructor and advises that the test is completely subjective, but he as a grad of several U.S. shooting schools goes the extra mile.

The license comes in two flavors:

1) "Civil Use"--handguns and rifles in .22lr and shotguns for hunting.

2) "Conditional Civil Use"--handguns in .25acp and up, revolvers in .32 and up, manual rifles and self-loading shotguns.

An autoloading centerfire rifle with detachable magazine (SIG 542 or AR-15) requires a "special decree". I am uncertain if this is from the police, federal government, a judge or what. From context I believe this is from the feds (Defense Department).

The APX in Argentina is retailing for 2,100 pesos, or $1,400 (USD).

A carry license is "show cause" and is from the feds (ANMAC, Ministry of Defense).

download.php

When yours gets smuggled into the country, I would like to shoot it :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like to take this opportunity to explain to the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Indiana, that my good friend foszoe is being facetious!

Enter smiley face emoji as exhibit A for proof......

Laura's family lives in the rural part of Cordoba (Dove/Duck Hunting capital of Argentina) and she said the hired hand that lives at her mom's brother in law's place has a nice double barrel escopeta...He's about 80 and Laura said when she asked him how hard it was to get the license for the shotgun he kind of smiled and said those are "city people problems".....She said eats a duck a day...Apparently game seasons are also a "city people problem"....

They are out in the middle of nowhere and from what I understand it's kind of like the Canadians in Alberta...Toronto is a long way away to give much thought to the rules they have there...

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I thought ducks and geese were vermin? Extremely high limits for ducks and none for geese, yes?

Man, I want to go so badly.

There is a limit on ducks and things but it's high... For dives there isn't a limit. I was working in Cordoba at a hunting lodge in 2015, if you really want to go for doves at least let me know and I can send you in the right direction!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a limit on ducks and things but it's high... For dives there isn't a limit. I was working in Cordoba at a hunting lodge in 2015, if you really want to go for doves at least let me know and I can send you in the right direction!

At every NRA Annual Meeting I block out time, even if I have booth duty at ISRPA, and even if it takes time away from the beard warriors at every single AR platform booth (and that's hundreds), to drool over the Argentine trips.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom