• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I hated the P320 when they came out. Figured there is no reason for a bore axis that high. But I went to the gun store and held one and Wow! It feels really nice. Thinking about picking one up when I get the money for my next gun. I have a G19 and 17 already. May get the P320 on 40 and get a 357 Sig barrel

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I got rid of my 320. I couldn't stand how low it shot at 10 yards. I have shot Glocks on many ocaasions and I will sat that they point and shoot very very well. But like others said, its really about how it feels in your hands.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I got rid of my 320. I couldn't stand how low it shot at 10 yards. I have shot Glocks on many ocaasions and I will sat that they point and shoot very very well. But like others said, its really about how it feels in your hands.

Most sigs come from the factory with a different sight picture. You are supposed to put the dot on the target, not top of the front sight. Messed me up for a while too.

I have a p320 full size and am a self identified sig fan boy, but I would suggest the glock 19 if you are using it for carry. It is still the reference for size, weight, and firepower. No other gun gives you a 15+1 handgun that is as small and light as the glock 19. There's a reason they are so popular.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I would suggest going to a rental range in your area that has both and see what you shoot best. I don't have personal experience with the sig but I have heard both are reliable.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My P320 has easily >2,000 rounds with only one stoppage due to a bad Federal Champion round (no powder in the cartridge). Great trigger, great ergos, great pistol. But I carry a full size openly; YMMV.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    It's hard to beat a 320... Honestly, I've carried and shot both extensively and the 320 is a better gun in my mind. That is especially true since they made the takedown levers lower profile on the 320. Excellent trigger, points well, and feels well built. I wrote a review on the full size .40 and its on here in the review section.

oDbCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 18, 2016
    Franklin/Greenwood
    I would personally go with the Glock 19 for carry. The Sig would be an amazing firearm for home defense or just at the range, but Glocks are lighter and less expensive, which is what you want with carry pistol.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have both and depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going decides which one comes with me.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I would personally go with the Glock 19 for carry. The Sig would be an amazing firearm for home defense or just at the range, but Glocks are lighter and less expensive, which is what you want with carry pistol.

dealer cost on a sig p320 and a glock 19 are within a dollar of each other, weight difference is unnoticeable

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I intended to get a G19 when I migrated to 9mm, but ended up with a P320.

The P320 trigger is pretty good OOTB, but I'm not sure it translates into any more accuracy relative to a G19. I've never had a problem with G19 trigger. My P320 felt a good bit heavier than a Glock OOTB, I'm guessing 7#-8# range. That, and being so short and having a nearly instant "wall" contributed to my jerking the trigger. I think the P320 encourages trigger jerking. That's not a gun issue, it's a shooter/gun compatibility issue. I'm getting better about it, but still prone to jerking. The instant ramp up (wall) begs you to jerk it. I have to go SLOOW with my P320 to get hits.

No question, the P320 ergonomics are superior. I found this hugely important, others might not.

Also, my P320 has not been as reliable as a G19 is. At lower round counts, I had several Fail to fire/light primer strike events. Lots of reports of this phenomenon on certain guns, and specific ammo (Freedom, Geco) known for harder primers.

Since I deep cleaned and lubed my gun, I've now run several hundred rounds through it without a single FTF or light primer strike, using the same Freedom and Geco ammo that gave it fits before. It was the gun, not the ammo.

I carry it though. I don't have the luxury of adding more nines to my 99% confidence in it. 99.9% or 99.99% isn't available to me.

Other notes:
    -- The "high bore axis" is a complete non-issue. Shooting the P320 will convince you that Sig Bore Axis and "flippiness" is a huge myth.
    -- It's very soft shooting, even compared to other 9mm.
    -- Finding a good holster locally has been nearly impossible

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Guys, I didn't say nobody makes good holsters for a P320/P250.

I said I couldn't find any P320 holsters in stock at any LGS in my area (Barth/Jackson county)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I said I couldn't find any P320 holsters in stock at any LGS in my area (Barth/Jackson county)

Finding holsters locally is tough regardless of where you live. Bite the Bullet has probably the largest selection of holsters. But they can't stock every size and brand. No shop can. I am a buy local sort of guy but online is usually your best bet. That's tough because you never really know what you are getting until it arrives.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I couldn't either, I did buy a sigtac holster at rural king, but nobody had one locally, I got an email about that holster for 20 bucks, I thought eh why not, I like it and for 30(19.99 two weeks ago) bucks for a good quality leather holster (not some cheap crap leather) I'd recommend it. they did charge 10 buck for shipping, they also put a magazine I was looking for on sale too, so I bought two of them so the shipping wasn't a big deal

Top Bottom