• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oDbCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 18, 2016
    Franklin/Greenwood
    I'be been considering purchasing an NAA revolver for a couple of months. The Sheriff model looks the best to me as the barrel length should be long enough to prevent any keyholing. Primarily, it would be carried in my lumbar pack on runs. The only problem I can see is I can't find one! Thoughts?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    They're nifty little revolvers. Run like a switch watch. Fun little guns. Have been used as last ditch guns, carried as a 3rd, or 4th, etc. gun.

Not recommend for a primary defensive piece if you can at all carry something non-single action in a larger caliber.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    They are great little guns, well made and always a hit at the range. However, I would take a good look at a Kel Tec P32 or similar if this is going to be a self defense gun.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have one with the very short barrel, about an 1/8", in .22 mag. It is a contact gun only IMO but I carried for many years in my front pocket but put very thick grips on it to shoot.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just to +1 on the grip thing. For my hands they're almost unshootabke with the little stock bird's head grip.

The accessory "oversized" rubber grips make it doable.

For reference: 22 mag from a 2" barrel may penetrate 14" of gel.

LR and/or shorter barrels will penetrate less. And the whole affair becomes even "iffy-er" if bone is involved.

Just for kicks and goggles, I put a couple of samples with different grips on a kitchen scale - 8.3 and 7.9 oz respectively (loaded).

For comparison on the same scale, Ruger LCP loaded - 12 oz (with Hogue handall grip sleeve and pinky ext.).

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

FWIW.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a lot of them, used to collect all of the NAA products until I wasn't as secure finacially.

I have a carried a Sidewinder 22 mag and think it a great little piece. They do have small grips but I put one of the oversized rosewood grips onto mine and that made it a lot easier to use.

have carried a PUG and BlackWidow as well, though mostly as deep cover BUG, I do take the sidewinder alone out on White Castle runs for breakfast in the wee hours when I can't sleep.

Last edited:

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    i've had a few over the years and still have a .22 magnum version. they are well made and cool little guns but i would never carry one for defense. if you are comfortable carrying just that on runs i would say that it's always better to have a gun, any gun, than no gun.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I used to want one really bad. Going to get the one that folded up and fit like a pocket knife. But the single action and having to unfold it, it would take a long time to get it ready to fire. Plus 5 shots of 22 and several minutes to reload. Better than nothing I guess.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I have a Pug and a Black Widow, both in .22 MAG. I can carry these most anywhere, wearing most anything. .22 Mag isn't exactly the best defensive round, but I would not want to be on the exit end of one of my NAA guns. Tough to shoot, but I can put all five rounds inside an 8" circle at 7 yards. Might be enough of a distraction to get away from a bad guy if I needed to.

Top Bottom