• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just watched that. I'd agree with their bottom line assessment. Definitely not the best firearm out there, but if <$200 really is your price point, it works.

It actually finished their torture test (with some jam-clearing help), unlike the Smith & Wesson M&P.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've not actually seen many "torture tests" where the HiPoint did that poorly. I remember seeing at least one where the guy started the test video almost as satire but the gun survived it and he was very impressed. I don't think it will be considered when the Spec. Ops teams consider a new pistol but it will likely put up with what the average gun owner will put it through.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just watched it a little bit ago when I saw he posted it. I am with pudly (basically MAC) it's not something I'm interested in but if it's a guys budget it's better than not having a gun.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Between the weak metal and the blow-back system that they use, they have to make the slide huge to function properly. It would still be difficult to CC it due to the bulkiness.

The slick plastic, poor serrations, low capacity-to-weight ratio and other issues make this a less than ideal firearm. But as noted, it functions pretty reliably, so it is good for the poor who want a true self-defense weapon.

They are made in Ohio, right next door.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sylvain, the slide is what we call pot metal. Cheap cast zinc, aluminium, or alloy. It is huge compared to the slides on most other guns. Funny thing is that the mass of the slide really calms down recoil and makes it an impressively smooth shooting pistol. My overall impression is in line with the others. I'm not gonna daily carry mine anytime soon, but it makes a great truck gun. (And that's where it is.) And, if I only had a couple hundred bucks and needed to defend myself, it'd do.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My only experience with a Hi-Point was about a month ago. Some friends came over for cards, and to do some shooting before it got dark. One couple wanted to try out their new .45. It was a Hi-Point. Bang! Jam. Bang! Jam. He tried and tried to get it to fire once and feed once. He was not successful. I gave him a few recommendations.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    There's just too many used reliable pistols in that price range, that are so much better quality, for me to ever consider a Hi-Point.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There's just too many used reliable pistols in that price range, that are so much better quality, for me to ever consider a Hi-Point.

586d27177219f7a6d9e66d29221cb224.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom