• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ruger is out with a new and improved refined version of the LCP.

The LCP II features a better trigger, textured grip and wait for it ... real sights.

If you don't have an LCP yet, this might be one to look at.

[video=youtube_share;1783QYMwclY]http://youtu.be/1783QYMwclY[/video]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Single action trigger say no more, my biggest complaint with the LCP just got fixed I see adding one to the collection now a very real possibility.[video=youtube;L4mStRK5CYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mStRK5CYY[/video]

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I look forward to handling one. I carry one of the improved models with the shorter trigger pull and half cocked hammer. With a hogue LCP sleeve pinned on, it is a very easy to shoot, accurate package. For a defensive pocket pistol, I kind of like the trigger as is.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I look forward to trying one but must say I like the trigger 'as is' also and like the first snag free sight model as well. Both features as they should be for a pocket pistol. YMMV.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Part of the low price. Just buy an extra.

At least it is (mostly) compatible with the old magazines. Apparently, the LCP II works with the old 6rd mags, but won't hold-open at the end. It isn't compatible with old 7rd mags. Not sure why.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I've been planning on getting a new pocket .380 to replace the TWO I had to get rid of because of function concerns. Single action trigger? Say no more, I'm sold. Take my $$!:spend:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I look forward to handling one. I carry one of the improved models with the shorter trigger pull and half cocked hammer. With a hogue LCP sleeve pinned on, it is a very easy to shoot, accurate package. For a defensive pocket pistol, I kind of like the trigger as is.

+1 on the Hogue grip sleeve. Makes a significant difference. Although, I would prefer a better trigger. Lots of room for improvement in that regard imo (especially over the original LCP).

Looks like the LCP Custom is gone from the web site (since yesterday morning).

The LCP II is about a 1/10" wider and taller than the former. Depending on where the extra girth/height is, it may limit compatability with existing holsters. We'll have to see.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    3981931_01_ruger_lcp_custom_red_trigger_n_640.jpg

I like my LCP Custom. The sights on it look taller than on the LCP II.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    3981931_01_ruger_lcp_custom_red_trigger_n_640.jpg

I like my LCP Custom. The sights on it look taller than on the LCP II.

"Taller" and more snaggable by the looks of it. If I pocket carry, I don't want anything that can catch on clothing material. I loved the original's bar-of-soap style sights for this reason, and the new LCP II's sights look prety slick as well.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have the first model and I am able to hit a 12" steel gong at 25 yards every time.
    To me the trigger is like a revolver and I have no problem with it.
    I bought it for deep cover and up close so I don't need any sights but I did put a Crimson Trace laser on it just because I wanted to try one.
    The .380 ACP up close will still ruin a bad guys day if you do your part.
    But yes, I also have a 9mm that I never carry.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    "Taller" and more snaggable by the looks of it. If I pocket carry, I don't want anything that can catch on clothing material. I loved the original's bar-of-soap style sights for this reason, and the new LCP II's sights look prety slick as well.

Never had a problem with snagging, when drawing from my pocket holster. The sights on the original style LCP were barley discernible to my older eyes.

Of course, the best pistol front sight that I ever came across, is the sight on the CZ-82. It has a vertical white line down the middle of the sight. Easy to see with my old eyes and quickly aligns on center of mass.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Picked me up a LCP II last week at zxgun in fort wayne. They are selling them for $299.99. Have not had a chance to go shoot it yet. I did have a problem after I tore it down and put it back together. After racking the slide the slide became jammed shut (no ammo in gun). I ended up having to hit the front of the slide many times with my hand to break it loose. Tore it down again and reassembled and no issues after that.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I had a chance to dry-fire the new LCP II at Midwest Guns in Mishawaka. I can say that the difference between the 1st/2nd gen triggers and the new LCP II is like night and day! The new trigger actually feels identical to the average Glock trigger, with about the same take up and break, as well as the weight of the trigger. I can say that if you were comfortable with carrying a Glock 42/43 in your pocket, then this pistol is for you.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;aKHquQNCA4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHquQNCA4k[/video]

Just a quick video I took of the trigger break for anyone interested. Its not a "clean" break with take up before you hit the wall. It has some creep at the wall and is around 7 pounds or so. Much better than the original or the custom LCP's. The sights are a good improvement much easier to see, the grip texture is nice as well though i am sure it is still a handful to shoot.

Basically I think this is a really big improvement over the LCP and will sell very well for Ruger

Top Bottom