• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I see people post abouT pocket carrying small pistols all the time. My question is how? Where can I buy these pants with enormous pockets? Do I have to be 6'6" minimum to pull this off? I'm not a small guy at 5'9" and 200lbs and I don't wear tight clothing and I just don't see how it's possible.

Just took these here pics of a Glock 42 with and without a pocket holster. There is absolutely no way it doesn't stick out like a turd in a punch bowl. No way no one notices the huge bulge in my pocket.

Frustrated.

Sorry, no pics at the moment, Photbucket blows goats.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am pocket carrying a G42 in a Desantis Nemisis holster right now. I have no issues with slipping it into the front pocket of a pair of 501s.

It does print a bit more with a pair of khakis, but 99% of the people are too self-absorbed to notice.

If I am worried about printing I can pocket carry an LCP. Either in a front pants pocket or weakside back pocket opposite my wallet.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    In before INGO, where folks wear cargo shorts year-round - even in winter (and their wives and girlfriends purse-carry).

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Don't know about a G43, but I pocket carry a ruger LCP .380 or a SW Bodyguard in khaki slacks all of the time... Nobody has ever noticed that I know of...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have even carried my 40 Shield in a front pocket with one of those rubberized holsters without a problem. I have carried my LCP, an LCR, a small 38, my SP101 and a MnPc in a front pocket of my overalls. I haven't had anyone look sideways at me or think I was carrying. I have been in many a mall and never had a problem as well as many crowds without anyone in authority taking me asinde and asking me if I was carrying.

I am 5"10" and 260 and while I am overweight, I look more like a stump than a pear.

MOST OF THE TIME though I carry,behind the bib or my overalls, a full sized Ruger (E with an extra magazine in a SmartCarry holster. I have even had myself scrutinized by many folks skilled in spotting a gun and found them baffled as I retrieve the pistol. I have found it is more how you carry yourself than if you are printing. Most folks give themselves away and aren't comfortable carrying.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    In before INGO, where folks wear cargo shorts year-round - even in winter (and their wives and girlfriends purse-carry).
    Hey, I resemble that statement.

I carry a variety of small framed pistols around the farm in a cargo pocket. Can't even tell it's there. I've got one pair that can lose a 1911 in the pocket. Pulls down that side pretty badly though.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I have no trouble pocket carrying, although it's a Ruger LCP in an Alabama front pocket holster.. I'm a very small build (5'4" - 130lbs.) I throw it in my right front pocket and move the iPhone to the back left. It took a little but getting used to and it isn't my first method of choice when I carry; just for when I need to deep conceal. Also I have to add that my pants size is 28x30 and I wouldn't call my pants loose but they aren't tight either. They fit me well.

You may may have to decide on a smaller gun than you'd normally carry if you want to pocket carry, that's what I did. I don't prefer to carry my LCP, but it does have its uses.

Usually run my PPS m2 or PPQ/VP9 IWB for normal carry circumstances.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I carry my 642 in front pocket to church every Sunday. I always wear slacks, generally not the slim fit. I'm 5'11 195lb. And yes photobucket sucks. Logged on last night to upload some pics and it wasn't working.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Personally, I'm done with the whole compact single stack/pocket carry thing.
    I carry a Glock 19 IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 holster and untucked t-shirt or golf shirt to conceal.
    Works perfect. Not even the people I work with or the customers I visit have any clue I have a hicap 9mm on me.
    The holster was kinda pricey, but I got it used and it's the best thing ever for me to carry and it's very comfortable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I do pocket Carry it is a Charter arms bull dog in .44 special.
    Thing is, I can not bury it or it is....well.....buried.
    Back pocket shirt over it works ok

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Personally, I'm done with the whole compact single stack/pocket carry thing.
    I carry a Glock 19 IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 holster and untucked t-shirt or golf shirt to conceal.
    Works perfect. Not even the people I work with or the customers I visit have any clue I have a hicap 9mm on me.
    The holster was kinda pricey, but I got it used and it's the best thing ever for me to carry and it's very comfortable.

How does that holster compare to a kydex holster? Like raven concealment?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I carry a P3AT right where most guys carry a wallet. Lots of extra room in those rear pockets.

I carry a P3AT as well for my plan B or C depending on where I'm headed.
    The P3AT will release the mags without a pocket holster. IT will also eventually leave an imprint in the rear pockets of Wranglers after a couple of weeks.
    DeSantis makes a nice sleeve holster for the smaller guns.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Some pocket carry tips:

Pocket of sufficient size, including the opening.
    Pants with pleated front mask the outline well. Darker pants are better than lighter colors.
    Matching the profile of the pocket to the profile of the pocket holster (square vs tapered).
    Reasonably smallish gun.
    Tight or "tailored " pants are less well suited to pocket carry. Forget about it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Appreciate all of the comments. Unfortunately for the job I'm currently working I don't have a lot of options available to me. I've spent a lot of money on clothing for this job and if I'm paying that kind of money I'm not buying clothes that are oversized so I can carry a double stack pistol IWB. I'd have my 340PD in an ankle glove on right now if S&W had any sort of quality control or lived up to their word on repairs. :xmad:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You can also take your slacks to a tailor and swap out the standard pocket for something deeper. They can even sew in a holster for you, so you never have to worry about it coming out on the draw.

Top Bottom