• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've been thinking about a project lately, but I don't have the ability to do it myself and I'm not sure where to go to get it done. Hence this post. I recently acquired a 5" 9mm Core that I just love. I've been considering sight options, and I got a Vortex Viper red dot (not sure whether I will keep that, but that is another story). I have seen some really sweet pictures of Nighthawk 1911's with special bases/plates for the RMR. I'm wondering if there is a gunsmith or custom shop I could go to that would make a special plate for my Core that has much tighter tolerances than the factory plate. I don't think the machining would be too difficult, since the stock plate is there as a base and the new plate would just be a slightly beefier model, but then again I have no experience with those things. All I'm looking for is a tighter, more precise fit that would absorb some additional stress otherwise transferred to the red dot. And yes, I'm aware that I could have just bought a Pro and had the slide milled. Due to the ever changing red dot market though, I didn't want to be stuck with a slide that would accept only one dot, which is why I bought the core.

Anyone know where I could get something like that done? See below for a picture of the 1911 I'm referencing.

Shadow Hawk Government 1911 Pistol with Trijicon RMR

alopez96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Fishers
    I would do it locally. ZRtacticalsolutions.com. They are located in Noblesville. Talk to Zach and see what he can come up with. he'll make it for you.

Top Bottom